Chapter 20: Not useless

I woke up to the sound of someone banging loudly on the door. I sat up anxiously and saw Levi quickly moving over to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bed.

"What's going on?" I asked him as he dashed with me towards the window.

"We have to get out here fast." He told me. I looked around wildly at the incessant banging on the door.

"Open the door wimp!" Someone screamed from outside before I heard a loud bang. Levi narrowed his eyes at the door before looking at my wide eyes.

"Is it Eric's people?" I asked him and he gave me a curious look before shaking his head.

"We have to get out of the window." He said as he jumped up on the table and down the opened window. I also pulled up on the table and looked down the window to the narrow window sill outside. I think the door flew open then and my heart started thudding in fear.

"Ellie, we need to jump down to that balcony." He said showing me a place atleast six feet below us. I was scared as I watched him jump down and pull up his hands asking me to jump. I glanced back at the window and saw a whole group of people crowd into our room with different kinds of knives, pipes, bats and chains. I looked back at Levi in fear but decided to trust him as I jumped into his arms. He fell from the impact but he stood up with me easily.

"There he is!" Someone screamed as he watched out the window and pointed at us. I watched in horror as I saw the gun in his hands. Levi pushed my head down and quickly whirled me around before asking me to run down the stairs there. I ran as fast as my legs allowed with Levi right behind me. I could hear the guys jumping outside. They were now pursuing us. I think we escaped by a hair with bullets shooting at us as we got on Levi's bike and zoomed off. It was the first time I've seen Levi pick up speed and it was honestly scary. I hugged him tightly from behind and pushed my helmeted head closer to his shoulder. Everything seemed to be a blur from how fast he was riding. I couldn't even hear the others pursuing us. He slowed down to a familiar area and I realized this was Osher's home. Levi asked me to climb down and I quickly did it. Several people in the outer vicinity of Osher's home came out when they saw Levi.

"I've got Oslo's men after me." He told them and I watched the guys run around to take position before Levi. I looked back and saw the bikes following Levi come into the lane.

"They must have a death wish." Someone rumbled and laughed as the guys came at them on bikes and cars without breaking speed.

"Go inside Ellie." Levi told me as I saw the fight break out outside.

"I have to go and help them. You need to stay safe." He said as he gently pushed me towards the house. I ran inside and met a girl wearing glossy leather clothes.

"Yeah. Run inside and hide." She sneered at me as I approached the house. I gave her a startled look as she gave me a disgusted look and ran out to meet the other guys. I looked in surprise as she fought off guys twice her size using what looked like huge, ornamental daggers. I stood back and watched as more people rushed out of the house while more enemy cars came down the lane to Osher's house. I saw Osher leave the house as well with a group of people. I stood back in the shadows fearfully as I watched the fight. They seemed fearless to charge into a battle with guns, knives and other dangerous weapons. I was still shivering from fear. I don't think I could ever charge in fearlessly like that. I looked around for Levi and saw him in the midst of the fight, fighting off six people at a time.

His fighting style was riveting. I watched him feint to avoid a bullet and then send two opponents flying with his fist. I watched the girl who had looked at me with contempt run over to Levi and give him a gun and a dagger. With the weapons in his hand, he gave a new meaning to the word bold as he charged at his enemies with dizzying speed and finesse. It looked like there were about two hundred enemies but within less than ten minutes, all of them were down. I watched Osher, pull up someone by the hair.