8: The Vampire

8

"You villainy white trash!" Vladimir yells in my face full drunk, pushing me up against the back alley of The Scorpion.

I squirm in his harsh grasp, trying to get loose but Vladimir is much more stronger and powerful than me. Suddenly, he lets go, arching his back down and vomiting on the concrete. I can smell the horrible stench enter my nose, almost making myself vomit.

I look down the alley, thinking to myself will I run. But it's too late. Vladimir has his grip on me again, punching me across the face. I spit out blood, it traveling to the cold hard floor.

"Where is he?! He's late with my order!" Vladimir roars in my face, wrapping his hands around my neck, but not actually choking me.

I squirm in his gasp. "The fuck would I know!" I roar back. Just because I'm friends with him, doesn't mean I know everything about him.

"I thought you and Daryl were best buds, huh? You and that redneck trash!"

"Just let me go!"

"WHERE IS HE?!"

Vladimir's forest green eyes sing and dance out with rage, threatening to hurt me. I'm sorry Daryl.

"He told me- he told me he was taking Kendra out for dinner! It's her birthday," I explain, guilt already taking a nasty trip into my soul. I'm sorry.

"Ah!" Vladimir says with a cruel smile. "You betrayed your one and only friend, no?"

Vladimir laughs sickly, letting his grip go off me. "I knew you didn't care for him in the first place. I mean, why else would you give him up? All I need now is Merle."

"Please..." I barely whimper. "Don't hurt them." But I know that there's a good chance that he will anyway.

"You should of thought of that before telling me," he spitefully says, moving his jet black hair out of his right eye.

I was right.

What have I done? Daryl will never forgive me... Not this time anyway. And as for Merle, he'll kill me if Vladimir doesn't get to him first.

I can see Valdmir's eyes are bloodshot, knowing that he is already high without getting more. Why did I involve Daryl into this mess in the first place? I shouldn't of... Neither of the Dixon brothers. Isn't Merle in enough trouble as it is?

But I was desperate. I needed someone...

Valdimir takes a step back, allowing me to breath normal again. I just want to teleport, to escape this. Or even disappear all together. Yes, that would be good.

"I guess I'll see you around, Kai," Vladimir cracks a smile, walking out of the alley and into the street again. I stand there, motionless; unable to move. Captured by my own guilt, locking me in chains.

I stare up at the night sky, a star shining down directly on me giving me somewhat of company. Because I am alone. Just moments ago, I was transcended to warn the Dixons. But now, as the world is closing in on me, I think to myself,

What's the point?

Me and Daryl, we were like blood brothers when we were young. At this stage in my life, I don't even think we're friends anymore. Not after tonight anyway.

I kick my feet off the ground, fixing my grey cap I have on my head. Grandad...

What would he not think of me now? He would be utterly ashamed with me.

I take the cap from my head, gripping it tightly in both of my beat up hands. I remember him, when he first gave me this. It was his dads', my great grandfathers'.

I let out a sigh, putting the cap back on my head again, almost covering my blue eyes.

I walk out of the alley, my ears unknowingly ringing.

I look around the environment, smoke filling my lungs, flames warming my skin. I turn my head, a woman running with a young boy in her arms, crying out as blood is pouring out of him.

Police cars make up the street, almost blocking the entire area.

Then, my hearing goes back to normal, gun shots welcoming into my ears and blood gurgling screams of terror as people all around me run for there lives.

From what exactly?

My heart hits my ribcage, threatening to break it in half. What the fuck?

Monsters?

Dead people?

The devils' servants?"

Whatever they are, they are coming straight for me. My body jolts, running down the street away from the horror scene. I follow along with the other people, a person falling over as they run, twisting their ankle.

I was going to go back and try to help him, but them things get to him first, falling down on top of him, biting and eating his flesh. I gag, nearly throwing up. But I keep moving forward. For if I did stop, even for one second, I could end up dead.

Welcome to the apocalypse.