Chapter Thirteen: Suicide Explosion

Chapter 13

Kendra stood in her room, packing everything into her bag. Once she is done, she zips up her bag. Her eyes wander to the bottle of wine, goosebumps rising on her arms. She swings her bag over her shoulders and strides slowly over to it on the side table. She picks it up, sighing to herself. There is no more than a mouthful left and she drinks it all in one go, her face screwing up and the strong sensation traveling down her windpipe. "Oh god," Kendra says as someone says "Kelly?" At the same time.

Her head spun so fast you thought it was going to fly off her body. She was startled and she dropped the bottle on her toe, earning a gasp from her. Daryl was standing at the doorway, his face unreadable which was bizarre and rare for Kendra.

"Wh-what do y-you want?" Kendra stuttered, sounding shaken up. She blinked fast. Daryl took a step forward. "Forgot ma knife," Daryl announced, walking over to the wooden desk and picking it up. Once he had the weapon picked up, he still remained in the room which Kendra found uncomfortable. Kendra didn't speak until Daryl spoke first.

"I, ugh, I'm sorry 'bout last night..." Daryl said, sounding upset. "I'm not askin' ya to forgive me or anythin'-"

"I forgive you," Kendra says, not looking at Daryl. She was too nervous. She never let on. But Daryl could sense it.

"Really?" Daryl said in a surprised voice. He knew deep down she was only saying this. But he wanted to believe it.

Kendra nodded slowly, looking at the carpet. Kendra knew Daryl didn't come into this room just for his knife. He was good at making up excuses; one of the many reasons why they didn't get along in the past. This was his way of trying to speak with her. He didn't care about leaving behind one little knife - for god's sake he would find another one in a heart beat! Kendra couldn't help the butterfly's emerging in her stomach, fluttering and swaying about. She gulped. Daryl spoke.

"Are ya scared?" His body language was tense.

Kendra bit down on her tongue. "What do you think?" Kendra said in a harsh tone, emphasising the 'you'. She remained still, crossing her arms across her chest. Daryl raised his eyebrows at her words, twirling the knife in his left hand.

"Well," Daryl said looking down at his feet. "I wouldn't really know, would I?"

At this point, Kendra knew it was going to go downhill from here. Both were as stubborn as each other. Neither of them liked to loose an argument, especially when they know they're right.

"I don't know what you want from me, Daryl," Kendra said, stepping forward, earning courage along the way. Daryl didn't reply straight away. In fact, he didn't give a proper response. All he said was "hmmm" which made Kendra become infuriated.

"See," Kendra put her hand on her forehead, causing lines to form. "This is why we will never be together!" Kendra let rip and she giggled to herself halfway through. Not because she thought it was funny, obviously, but because she couldn't believe Daryl of how much of a dick he was. "You're so-so-so-"

Kendra darted her eyes across Daryl's face, absorbing his features one by one, trying to think of a word. After mere seconds, she shouted it out.

"Disrespectful!"

"Disrespectful?" Daryl questioned, cocking his head, a habit he learned off his brother, Merle.

"Impertinent!"

"Impertinent as well?" Daryl questioned again, his voice becoming louder.

"I saved the best one to last!" Kendra shouted. "Obnoxious!"