Chapter Fifty-Four: New Beginnings

Chapter 54

Two and a half years later

Dear Kitty,

A lot has happened in these past few years, one of them getting this journel. Daryl said that he found it, so he gave it to me to write in. I honestly forgot that I had this, and it took me this long to use it. But, hey, I did in the end up. That's what counts.

We're still in the prison. Home sweet home, uh? We have changed it quite a lot to be fair. One of the biggest changes is that Lance got his wish: to start a mini farm and plant vegetables. We even have pigs! Tilly, Lolo, Eric and Xenmia. I named the last one (obviously).

Tilly is pregnant, but she's very lazy of herself. Sherry says that it's normal. But I don't know. I have a funny feeling. She looks sick. I'm kind of worried.

Daryl is more open minded and likes to get himself out there. He talks now, rather than grunts. He's more kind and understanding. He likes to help. BUT HE'S STILL A BADASS WITH WINGS!!!! And always will be. He has a special place in my heart. Even though I'm sixteen, he still treats me like when we first met. I swear, even if I'm married and have a kid of my own, he'd still treat me like a child.

As for Kai and Jane, they got married. It wasn't a white wedding. There was no cake. There was no music. Just smiles and butterflies in their stomach. They had what you call a private wedding. It was pretty cool. As long as they're happy, who cares, right? But at midnight, we did have a feast. And Kendra sung such a beautiful melody for her mum and stepdad. It made me feel warm inside.

Clementine is officially my best friend. We made a friendship necklace we wear around our necks (duh). Kenny made them for us. He's such a jolly fellow. He reminds me of Daryl, but with more tongue and spite. If you ever met him, you'd know what I mean.

All my mint hair is gone since Spring. I swear, Tamiko tilted her head like she was confused. Probably because she was. Ah, I love that wolf. Bobby cut it out for me. Who knew he had a talent for hair.

Since we're on the topic of Bobby, it took him months to get over the death of Henri. He wasn't the same Bobby. Kendra found these circular glasses (Kenny called him black Harry Potter) since he broke his old ones. I like his new glasses. Can you believe he's twenty? Sometimes I think I'm the one who's twenty years old.

But he did recover. Slowly. His face has a shine to it again. His smile is starting to form again. He's lonely. Everyone is.

Maybe that's why he kissed me last night. I was surprised when he did. I wanted to slap him. I wanted to kiss him again. So I did both. We chuckled. But maybe he wasn't kissing me. Maybe he was kissing somebody else... Just to pretend that he was kissing her. Or maybe it was meant for me.

Either or, I don't care what the reason was behind it. I'm always here for Bobby because he's an innocent soul that won't even harm a fly. I'm glad he's part of our family. Honestly. It wouldn't be the same without him here.

He's a shoulder to cry on, a blanket that keeps you warm. Dad, you would approve of him. And you'd be so proud of me. Daryl has kept his promise to you. When I look at Daryl, all I can see is you. Sometimes I think it is you inside his body. But I know that would be impossible.

Mum, I hope you're proud of me too. Last week I went hunting with Kaiyo. He's this loud mouth Irish man who you would totally love. He adores me just like you did. He's sewed razor blades into the back of his grey flat cap. It actually works. He just swings his hat at a walker's head and BOOM, it's dead.

Rico, if you were alive, you'd be an adult which honestly I can't even imagine. I know we didn't get on well - always fighting, pulling, scratching, cursing. But under all that, I loved you (still love you) and you love me too. Until we meet again, huh? You dickhead! (Okay, I'll stop).

I've grown out of my white dress phrase and into black leather. Me and Daryl drove into this town on his bike, not far from here, called Kimberly. It has this gigantic mall which has loads of clothing. I'm surprised really. It wasn't ramshackled. This led to me trying on new clothes. I tried to get Daryl to try on clothes as well. But he scoffed and turned the other cheek.Typical.

Leather pants and jacket and black lace boots. I wasn't turning back. I love the way it looks on me. Daryl even gave me his leather gloves! He called it 'my late birthday present'. I took it with a smile.

I'm trying to think of other things that happened throughout the year but-

Oh I know! It was super embarrassing. I was with Lance feeding the pigs when all of a shot I peed myself! But it was red?

Ladies and gentlemen, it was my first period. And of all the people, it had of been Lance. I went as red as my blood! (Too far? Too far...)

Well, it's due again soon and I can't bloody wait. <------ my worst pun yet.

And how could I forget about baby Alex. Also known as lil' asskicker. If you're wondering, yes he can walk and yes he can talk - his first word being shit. Wonder who he learned that from? *Cough* *cough* Daryl Mark Dixon. (And yes his middle name is Mark which totally doesn't suit him.) I accidentally laughed in his face when he told me, him frowning then playfully putting me in a chokehold. I then kicked his groin. Thanks for teaching me, Merle! That sure made him let me go!

I almost got drunk. Almost! Kai, being the responsible person he is, let me have one bottle of alcohol he found on his trip. One bottle turned into two, then three. I think I was tipsy because I felt so light and happy. Until Daryl stumbled into the back room with Kendra. Let's not say what they where planning on doing, but you get the picture.

Honestly, I thought Kendra would be the most upset. Turned out, she just laughed and made Daryl more red with anger. Daryl snatched the bottle from my hands, then snatched Kai out the door. Well, I guess that was the end of that.

Also, side note, a pure white cat keeps coming around to the prison. The cat is so adorable and Bobby has named her Kitney Spears. As cringy as it is, everyone keeps calling the cat the name whenever she's around. It's kind of hilarious. I'm glad Bobby's true colours are shinning again.

I best get ready. We're having a small dinner party tonight because we were successful with our gatherings. Then tomorrow, it's back to work. We're fixing the fences to make it more secure so no walkers break in. Dwight and a couple of others are going to chop down some tress and use the wood as pillars to prop up against it. It's a smart idea.

Still no sign of The Governor.

Before I go, here's a poem I wrote. Goodnight, Kitty

-Scozzafava

Xxx

I fell and stumbled into the wolves,
Only to discover their sweet harmony of howling.
And realizing how much blood and loyalty they hold

And when the snow finally came down
And the white wind blew,
The lone wolf died.
But the light beam was still glowing as brighter than ever.
And the pack survived.