Chapter Twenty-One: Force To Be Reckoned With

Chapter 21

Kendra swallowed the pain down her throat that was threatening to make her break down in front of him. Instead, she held her head up high and said, "Good. Because I never loved you."

Kendra got her back up off the wall, but only for it to be pressed back down again by Daryl, his hands on her shoulders, his fingers wrapping around and digging in.

"Get your hands off me," Kendra snarls confidently, making Daryl's grip loosen, but still having his hands on her.

"You're just like your brother," Kendra snarls again, making Daryl twitch and look deep into her eyes. His blue eyes darkened, having more darkness than any brown eyes Kendra had ever seen. Darker than her own. Darker than Merle's...

"Yeah," Kendra says, looking straight back at Daryl. "That's right. You're just a time bomb waiting to go off. And once you do, darling, you'll take everything down with it. You're a force to be reckoned with."

"You ain't shit," Daryl rumbles like thunder, pushing on Kendra and causing her to hit her back of the wall. But, a weird sound emerges behind Kendra and causes both Daryl and Kendra to frown in confusion. The wall... Shook?

"The hell?" Daryl says, and Kendra gets up and makes her way to Daryl's side, looking.

Daryl places his hand on the wall and he begins shaking, making the wall shake along with his forces. "This ain't no wall," Daryl explains to Kendra, "it's a door."

"A door?" Kendra questions at the exact same time Daryl kicks at it. "It won't budge neither."

Kendra scans the door. "There's a lock right there," she says, pointing to it. "I don't like this..."

"Yeah," Daryl says, unwrapping his bandage from his head and throwing it away into a stall. "Whatever's behind that there door, they don't want us to see."

"It's creeping me out, man," Daryl speaks again. "Tol' ya there was somethin' up with that Bobby pin."

"Is there any way we can unlock it?" Kendra asks. Daryl glares at the lock, touching it with his fingers. "There's four screws... If we could use a screw driver and unscrew these sons of bitches that would be good."

"What if we're wrong? What if there's nothing behind that door. We could just blow away a good meal."

"Calm down, don't get your panties in a twist. We can screw 'em back in again like nothin' ever happened."

"Okay, Mr professor," Kendra says, rolling her eyes.

"Hey? What you two doing?" Andy says, coming into the barn leading a horse.

Daryl and Kendra exchange serious glances, thinking of an excuse.

"Uh, Daryl thought he heard a noise," Kendra lies.

Andy leads the horse into its stall, taking of the equipment and placing it on a wooden bench. "Jumpy guy, huh?" Andy speaks, looking at Daryl. Daryl growls low.

"Just, do me a favour will ya? Don't fuck around with that door, right? Mama gets nervous," Andy says, going back to brush the horse at the end of the barn.

"What are we gonna do?" Daryl whispers as quietly as possible. "We have to distract 'im."

"I have an idea-"

"Daryl!" Andy shouts from across the barn, making Kendra leap from her skin.

"Yeah?"

"Where'd my horse go? Ya know, the one you were on?"