Chapter Fifteenth: St John's Dairy Farm

Chapter 15

"Brenda, put down the gun. This isn't somethin' ya wanna do," Daryl says, trying to reason with her, taking a step forward.

"Ya stay on back there, Daryl! I don't wanna shoot yer bird but I will! Don't think that I won't." She takes a step back, going further up the dark stairs, lightning striking the glass window behind her, lighting up Brenda and Kendra faces. "Daryl..." Kendra whispers, trying to squirm from Brenda's grasp but it's no good. Brenda presses the gun harder into her head, making Kendra shake violently with complete fear.

"Okay, Brenda. Alright," Daryl says, putting out his hands in defeat. "But ya have to think 'bout this. Is killin' Kendra somethin' ya really wanna do?"

Brenda takes a step back, going even further up the stairs. Daryl takes a step forward, slowly. "No," she says honestly, shaking her head. Daryl takes another step forward feeling a bit too confident and Brenda panics, cocking back the pistol, aiming at Kendra's head again. "Please," Kendra pleads, Brenda's arm around her waist, keeping a firm and unyielding grip on her.

"Brenda, jus' let her go... Put down the gun and we'll all go our separate ways, yeah?" Daryl implores.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Daryl," Brenda says aloud, looking Daryl straight in his eyes with dangerous conviction.

🔸🔸🔸

11 Hours Earlier

Kendra woke up to the shouts of Daryl, telling her to wake up. "We have to get outta here now!" Daryl yells, dragging Kendra to his bike, the fire dead.

"Why? What's-"

An arrow is shot from the air, it hitting a tree right beside her. "Think that answers ya question," Daryl says, hopping on board his bike.

"Yeah that's right!" An unknown voice shouts from behind the bushes. "Use better run! This is our land!"

Kendra remains standing, frozen. "The hell ya doin', woman? Don't have all day! Hop on," Daryl orders her and she snaps out of her trance. Kendra hops on the back and wraps her arms tight around Daryl, her head resting on his wings.

Daryl makes an exit from the forest and onto the main road again.

Thirty minutes has passed and Daryl has stopped at a dirt path. Not on purpose. His bike has run out of gas. "God dammit!" He curses, getting off his bike and scratching his head. "What now?"

"We can always walk..." Kendra says, then regretting what she had just said. Daryl frowns insanely hard at her.

"Ya best be takin' the piss," he spits, chewing on his tongue. "Can't leave her! Any Tom, Dick or Harry could take her."

"I know," Kendra says, still sitting on the bike, playing with her thumbs. "I'm sorry I said that. I wasn't thinking."

"Mhmm," Daryl says, looking around the area with his crossbow at his side. He begins walking forward, leaving Kendra.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

Daryl swings his arms dramatically while walking. "Maybe your shit idea might not be shit anymore."