Chapter Twenty-Five: Reunited

Chapter 25

"We have to go back!" Daryl roars, his bike breaking to a stop at the side of the road.

"If we go back we're going to get killed, sir! Who knows where they are."

"I'm a tracker-"

"And I don't give two shits! Keep going!"

Daryl jumps up from his bike, tugging at his hair. Daryl takes his crossbow and he aims at Bobby, his eyes insane with anger and annoyance.

"Ya ought to be nicer to a man with a crossbow, Bobby pin," Daryl snarls, bringing his crossbow in so it's touching Bobby's forehead, his arrow poking him hard. Bobby gulps, too scared to reply.

"I-I know how you feel-"

"Ya don't know shit 'bout me!"

"I know you care about what happens to Kendra. And that's enough."

Daryl presses his crossbow deeper into Bobby's forehead, the arrow now lightly piercing him leaving a mark.

"Please..." Bobby implores. "I care for Henri as much as you do for Kendra... But, but if we... Go back, they're not going to be there. We have... We have to keep moving forward... If it's ment to be, gravity will pull us all back together again. One way or another... This isn't the end..."

Daryl snatches his crossbow back from Bobby. He can finally breath steadily. Bobby takes a deep breath, and exhales it. Deep breath, exhales it.

"It's a good job ya have a way with words or else that arrow would be through your brain by now," Daryl grumbles, lighting a cigarette. Bobby gets up from the bike, wandering around and stretching his legs. Bobby doesn't know how to reply to Daryl. So he doesn't. Daryl inhales his smoke, his cheekbones sucking in. He blows the smoke out, making a little grey cloud in front of him.

"We should get going. I see walkers approaching behind us, Mr Dixon," Bobby says, pointing down the road to where the heard of walkers are.

Daryl nods, crushing his cigarette like it was a bug, twisting his boot to really crush it. Daryl hops onto his bike along with Bobby. The bike roars to life, traveling down the empty road none of them knew.

🔸🔸🔸

The sun was now set high in the sky, no clouds to be found. The bright blue sky made Bobby feel a little better. He thought of this as a sign for hope. Before all this, Bobby believed in God. He wouldn't go as far as calling himself a Christian but he definitely believed in God one way or another. Now, he questioned his faith. Why would God do this? Was his upbringing all a lie? Maybe it was.

Daryl traveled along a railway track for a couple of miles following it. The railway track was fairly straight, Daryl only having to twist and turn his bike often to follow along. Bobby was utterly terrified of having to ride along with Daryl Dixon on his motorbike at first. But as time passed, he eased up, becoming more comfortable. Bobby doesn't trust Daryl fully yet and he is still scared of him, but he doesn't show it. He eats it up. Daryl is definitely a character you don't trust with your life straight away. And Bobby knows that. He has to grow on you first. Likewise for Daryl.

"What's that over there?" Bobby questions, Daryl stopping his bike as he wasn't going that fast to begin with; just strolling along.

"Looks like a prison?" Bobby squints his eyes, putting his hand to his forehead like he's saluting, trying to get a better view.

"You're right," Daryl says, looking at the land. "The top area is over runed, but not the bottom. See that?"

"Yeah," Bobby states, looking at the walkers at the top.