Chapter Thirty-Two: Ain't No Saint

Chapter 32

The video up above I made is the song Daryl and Kendra danced to in The Scorpion last chapter. Please check it out xx. With that being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Happy reading ❤
_________________________________________

"I say we go back the way we came. We got to! I have to see him. I have to know if he's okay," Kendra says, her breathing raspy, worrying about Daryl.

Henri sighs, letting down her long blonde hair in front of the mirror, combing it. "I don't know, Kendra," Henri replies, her smooth dark chocolate eyes narrowing. "They could be anywhere. Where would we even look?"

Kendra becomes frustrated with Henri, snarling at her, something she learned of Daryl's mannerism. "I can't take another minute. I don't like this place, I don't like The Governor. He's hiding something. I just know it. He seems off."

Henri doesn't reply. She goes back to combing her hair, the brush getting tangles out of it as she brushes hard.

Kendra rolls her eyes. "I'm going to find Merle. If I can't see Daryl, I might as well see one of the Dixon's."

With that, Kendra exits the room, slamming the door on the way out. She couldn't believe Henri. She didn't want to leave the poor girl behind either. But by the way she is acting, she might not have a choice. She doesn't belong here. She doesn't belong anywhere.

But she feels belonged anywhere Daryl is with her. From the highest point on the earth. To the lowest point. She didn't care.

As long as she was with him, she didn't give two shits.

This feeling in her chest ever since her departure from Daryl is only getting worse. It gets tigher and tighter. If she doesn't find him soon, she feels as if the tightness in her chest will be the death of her.

Her main priority now is to find Merle before The Governor does.

She jogs the street, trying to find Merle. Minutes go by and there is no luck. She's looked the entire town, even looking around a second time.

She's about to give up when her eyes land on a alley, Merle in the center smoking. She's relieved beyond joy, running over to him as fast as she could.

She enters, Merle immediately crushing the cigarette. But it's not a cigarette.

It's a joint.

By the looks of it, he has only lit the joint, having a few puffs. He stomps it, crushing it into the ground. Kendra shakes her head, not bringing it up but not being surprised by him. Old habits never die.

"Kendra," Merle welcomes, acting like he wasn't just smoking a joint. Kendra frowns, slightly disappointed in him. Daryl keeps his promises, unlike Merle.

"Okay," Kendra breaths, looking up to Merle. "Long story short, I accidentally said to The Governor that Daryl was my husband and I need to get back to him. That was my excuse for not staying any longer. Please go along with it. Please!"

"Hol' on, hol' on. Steady now, girl," Merle says, trying to calm Kendra down. "It's not a problem to me! Did it jus' slip or what?"

"Yeah," Kendra admits. "I guess it did. I couldn't think of anything else and Daryl was on my mind and I just accidentally said it."

Merle nods, leaning into Kendra. "Ya really do miss 'im, uh?" He whispers, his breath fanning her face.

"Y-yes," Kendra says shaky, her knees weak just thinking about finding him again and seeing his face. His face...