3: The Love Struck

3

What have I done?

I look up into Markus's eyes. They are closed. His lips are on mine. His hands; everywhere across my body and my chest. He leads me to the corner sofa, pushing me and dragging me like I'm his desire.

I turn my head as he kisses my neck, breathing and touching my waist.

Lights. I see lights!

They're outside, shining in and a person - no - a man, is staring in. I shiver and feel cold suddenly. What a pervert I think to myself. His stare is intense, his mouth slightly gaping open. Then, at that moment, I realize. It's not a pervert. It's Daryl. My Daryl...

I look back at Markus, gaping as well. "What have I done?" I say, my heart flying out of my body.

"Uh?" Markus says as I push his weight off of me, disgusted in him. But most importantly, disgusted in myself. I feel foolish. Foolish isn't even the word I would use. I suffocate in my guilt.

"I should go now," I declare to Markus. He gives me a weird look, and I leave - leaving the mess behind that I had created, wanting Daryl.

"Please god, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please let him be there. Please god. Please..."

I open the front door. Scratch that, I yank the door open, hoping, praying that I see the face that had captured me from the moment that I laid eyes on. I need him more than ever. I need to explain myself to him. Try. I know it's going to be hard to try and explain myself to Daryl, like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but, at the end of the day, it's possible.

I scan my guilty eyes around the driveway. Nothing. Nothing is there. He's gone. I'm sick, loosing my mind. I begin to panic. "Daryl!" I shout, wanting him to just pop out of nowhere.

"What have I done?" I say again, a tear slipping down my cheek. "Daryl..." I clutch my heart shaped locket I have chained around my neck. The one Daryl gave me for valentine's day last year. I choke like a dog on a tight collar as Markus comes from behind me and grabs my waist again. His touch is poison to me and I leap.

"What's wrong, Kendra?" He asks. I clench my teeth together.

"Markus... I have made a huge mistake. I'm with Daryl... I've cheated on him! He was here! I saw his headlights right outside the window. But... He's gone because he saw me! He saw me get it on with another man. He's probably gonna do something stupid now if I don't stop him. I need to get to him-"

"Why does this all matter... Wait... You don't mean-"

"Yes... I'm stupidly in love with Daryl. I admit it! You heard me! I'm in love with Daryl Dixon. I need to tell him... I need to tell him right now! Oh god... Don't worry, Markus, you'll be invited to the wedding."

"What the fu-"

"Bye!"

I run out of the house, leaving a clueless Markus behind. I walk through the fire, my bones crumbling to ashes, my soul utterly on fire. I feel dead. I need to say the right words to him or I could throw it all away in a matter of seconds. There's only one man in my life that I want right now. And that man is Daryl. That wonderfully, stupidly, handsome man that I have grown to love. And only realizing that now. How could I have been so blind?

But as I run, I accidentally bump into someone that is walking on the footpath. "S-sorry!" I stutter, putting my hair behind my ears. The person looks up and he groans and grunts inhumanly. I frown as I look upon him. His jaw is broken and it looks like a stretched out "U". His eyes are dead in his head and an arm is missing. His stench is atrocious and I gag, feeling the strong taste of vomit coming up my throat but I swallow it in one gulp. I stand there, looking at this abomination that I have set my eyes on. He grabs ahold of me, wrapping his fingers around my shoulders and I scream in terror.

Welcome to the apocalypse.

_________________________________________

Author's note.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this character back story of Kendra before and during the outbreak. If you did, please vote and comment. ❤

Thank you x

~Holly~