Chapter Six: Trust Is Impossible

Chapter 6

"We will wait outside for use," Tobe says, putting on the handbrake. "We'll leave it running just in case."

They were outside of a pharmacy as they had no medical supplies what so ever. Tobe had drove Daryl, Kendra and Bonnie into a small town called Yalston, fifty miles from where their destroyed camp was. The rest of the group was scattered up else where around the town.

The town was in ruin and it was a ghost town. No walkers and no people or anything. Only birds were now picking up leftover scraps of anything dead. In the middle of the town, there was a large clock. The half of it's side had collapsed, showing bricks. But funny enough, it still worked. It read 2:05. Time was definitely important now these days. Especially how much of it you had left.

"Jus' grab whatever ya can," Daryl says to both Kendra and Bonnie.

Fava was sitting down on the sofa. "Can I com-"

"No," Daryl says, cutting her off. "It's too dangerous."

"Then why is Bonnie coming?"

"Cause we need all the help we can get."

"Then bring me th-"

"No!" Daryl cut her off again, raising his voice to the girl.

Tobe glaces at Daryl, about to say something about raising his voice to her, then he stops, sighing and rubbing his forehead. Daryl notices this.

"Sorry," he cocks his head, reminding Tobe of Daryl's brother.

Daryl dismisses himself, wanting nothing more than to be alone, but he knew he won't be for a long time. He wanted to ditch the group and find Merle. But then Kendra came to his mind, plus the little girl too. He had grew upon the girl overtime, reminding him of his best friend he use to have growing up as a kid.

He couldn't leave Kendra behind either. But then she had Markus and her mother. Daryl was only a small fraction of her life, while Kendra was more in his.

"Damn, I need a smoke," Daryl complains as he tramples down the steps of the RV.

He sees Jane, Markus and Lance entering a supermarket while Dwight and Sherry enter some other building.

Daryl makes his way to the front of the pharmacy, crossbow strapped to his back, and Bonnie and Kendra follow behind like he was their ringleader.

🔸🔸🔸

Jane grabs whatever was left over from the shelves, talking to herself. Lance spots bottles of water and he grabs them and meets up with Jane. Jane has about 6 cans of food and Lance has several bottles of water.

"Where's Markus?" Lance questions and Jane turns her once heavily made up face to one side, looking for him. Jane's heart rate increased by the second.

Where actually was he?

"Go on ya dumb dog!"

The yelling came from the back of the supermarket.

Jane and Lance exchange looks for a fraction of a second before bolting down to were it was coming from. At first, they both thought it was Markus shouting, but as they came nearer, they doubted that fact.

A man was standing there, trying to shoo off the wolf, Tamiko. He was wearing a grey cap, one that you would find back in the early 1900s. He had dangerously sharp light blue eyes and freckles around his face. His face had sharp features and everything stood out about this man. He looked like he was in his late 30s, early 40s. If he wasn't yelling and shouting, then they might of mistaken him for a walker as he looked lifeless and he had dark circles under his eyes.