Chapter Fifty: Prey Or Pray

Chapter 50

~ Everybody wants a flame, but they don't wanna get burned ~

***

I was going to die in this room.

There was no other way of putting it. She would tell herself this over and over again, believing it with her life that will soon be taken away. She could still feel his repulsive tongue at the side of her neck, twitching in the wooden chair that resembled an electric one.

He sexually assaulted me.

She pulls and she pulls, the rope tied tight around her bloody wrists, The Governor making sure of it.

She had lost. He had won. She was caught. He was released.

She was so close, seeing the prison with her very eyes. Seeing Tamiko jump and play with Fava and Clementine with a stick she had found. Seeing Bobby laying on the grass, soaking up the rays with Daryl who looks like he has a painful headache. Seeing Kendra sitting on the picnic bench reading a book, while Kenny keeps talking to her. You could actually see her getting annoyed with him, making Henri smile. Seeing Lance stroll about the perimeter with a spade, digging into the ground to plant various fruits and vegetables, Kai and Dwight helping him. Seeing Sherry nursing baby Alex, feeding him with his bottle while Jane blabbers on about something to her. Definitely complaining. But where is Merle?

Seeing everybody doing their own thing, watching them from a distance (even though the group hasn't spotted her) she knew she was home. She had made it.

Or so she thought.

The Governor, as quiet and careful as a jaguar, pounced on her, dragging her back into his tow truck. She was being dragged from her family, her home. The distance became even further, not being able to make out who was who. Not seeing their faces, not seeing their smiles. Not seeing Bobby.

Not seeing nothing. Black.

Now, she sits in the cold empty room. Scared. Lost. Hungry. Just wanting to go back to that moment so she could kick herself to get a move on. Instead of admiring everyone from a distance and wasting time. If she didn't stop and stare, she would have been laying on that grass beside Bobby and Daryl, hearing Jane mildly aggravating in the background, hearing Alex suck, hearing Kendra flip a page.

Now, it's only a dream. When it could of been reality.

Suddenly, the door opens wide, the light blinding Henri making her squint. The light makes her dark eyes look like a pool of dripping honey, her pupils shrinking drastically as two men step inside the room.

The Governor and Milton.

Milton looks frightened beyond recognition, his glasses not existing on his sweaty and blood filled face. The Governor pushes him into the room with a strong force of a hand, Milton tripping over his own feet, but not falling.

Henri is forced to watch The Governor whip him repeatedly with a long skipping rope a child would love to play with, Milton crying out.

Every time the rope comes in contact with Milton's back, Henri flinches, it sounding like bones snapping in half over and over again.

"STOP IT!" Henri cries, pleading with him but she knows it's no good. The Governor continues to break him slowly, his face something out of the most horrifying horror film ever. Inhumane.

After what seems like hours, The Governor gets bored, dropping the rope to the ground and Milton not moving.

"Milton? Oh my god! Did you kill him? Milton! MILTON!" Henri roars, crying if he was dead. But a slight movement of his index finger says otherwise, Henri breathing out a relief, but also knowing he's in so much pain he wishes he was dead.