Chapter Sixteen: One You Wanted To Be

Chapter 16

"We can talk 'bout this," Daryl suggests. Brenda shakes her head violently.

"NO! Stay back!" Brenda shouts, getting impatient with Daryl. The sound of a door shutting is heard behind Daryl. Daryl doesn't dare look around because if he did, Brenda might shoot him or Kendra. Instead, Brenda answers Daryl's question for him.

"Bobby?"

🔸🔸🔸

"Use are fucking mad. The lot of you," Kai says, loading his new weapon that he stole from the boot. He cocks it back, ready to fire.

"Shut up and listen," Lance says, playing with his tomahawk that he has in his hands, locking his target. "Jane and you will take the left side," Lance says, looking at them both. "Just keep moving forward till you reach the gate."

"Dwight and Sherry. You take the right. Fava, you go with them and protect Sherry as much as you can," Lance eyes Alex in her arms.

"I'll go straight forward, killing everyone of them that gets in my way. Who ever reaches the gate first, try and stay there for as long as possible and help the others who hasn't. Once we're all there, we slide the gate across and lock it, going further into the prison."

"And what's the plan after that?" Kai aggressively says to Lance.

"We haven't got that far, have we yet? Just focus on the task now."

"You're gonna get us all killed," Kai utters darkly.

Lance growls lowly at Kai that he doesn't twig on that there is a walker coming straight for him. The walker grasps Lance by his shoulders, pulling him in to try and take a nasty bite out of his neck. Lance tries to push back but the walker is stronger and Lance falls to the ground, the dead on top of him. Lance puts one of his hands at the side of its fleshy face.

"Help!" He calls out. He turns his head and everyone is fighting there own battles, Dwight in the exact same position he's in. Lance looks for his tomahawk, trying to keep the walker from killing him. He reaches out his spare hand, tapping the ground to find his missing weapon. The walker growls insanely close to Lance, its smell wanting Lance to puke out his guts. The smell makes Lance's eyes water, his vision becoming less and less useful. The sides of his vision becomes dark and all he can focus on is the walker on top of him, jaw opened wide, thick yellowish pus invading the walkers face and plopping onto his own making Lance bleach in revulsion.

The walkers teeth is only millimetres away from latching onto Lance's face when the walker makes one last snarl and it collapses onto Lance, its weight heavy. Lance heaves the enemy off, clenching his teeth together and getting up faintly. A knife is dwelled into the walkers skull, the blood unfolding and escaping around the knife. Fava runs over, puts her foot on the walkers head, and jerks her weapon out in a fast movement, blood flicking up into the air and getting on her new black jacket.

"Thanks, Fava," Lance says, trying to catch his breath. Fava nods and she runs off, killing another walker with her knife through its brain.

Dwight has got up from the ground, running towards the gate and he's the first one to get there. Sherry screams behind him, and he rushes back just in time to kill the walker with his gun that was threatening to kill her. "C'mon darling, we're almost here," he says, rubbing her back and walking with her.