Chapter Forty-Six: What About Angels

Chapter 46

Four Days Later

In the space of four days, Henri had made her way to the prison. Daryl was the first one to spot her from the guard tower when he was on duty, opening the large gate to let her in. She was out of breath, exhausted, and she had to sit down.

Daryl passed her a bottle of water, happy to see her. But of course he didn't tell her that. His brother was behind him.

After about an hour, Henri had talked to Lance in cell block C about why she had come to the prison.

"Phillip wants to settle this."

The words sprang into everyone's ears like a beautiful, delicate poisonous dart frog, Clementine literally fainting and Kenny catching her in his arms, appalled, and rising his voice to Henri to leave. Bobby got defensive, an argument taking place between the two very different people, Dwight having to step in the middle and calming them both down. That was the first time Daryl and Kendra seen Bobby's temper go through the roof. And they won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

After the argument was lost and won, Henri arranged a date and time for Lance to speak with The Governor, a small opened place called Raspberry with an old cabin for their meeting to take place so they can work something out.

"Okay."

Henri said her goodbyes, Daryl offering her a ride back on his motorbike so she didn't have to walk the miles back.

She declined, saying it wasn't a problem and for him to stay safe. For everyone to stay safe. And for Lance to hopefully make the right choices.

Before she could leave, Bobby gave her a quick hug, whispering in her ear "Nine lives, remember?"

Henri smiled as she took a step back, the reminiscence of the words choking her already swelled heart.

"I remember."

Henri then left the prison, Lance now knowing he'll have to face the one person he doesn't want to face. The Governor.

🔸🔸🔸

Kenny drops Lance and Daryl off at the side of the road, the men scrutinising their surroundings before Lance goes into the cabin, going past tall outside boilers and taking the long path up to the cabin.

They weren't taking any chances.

After they searched the area that might seem even a little bit off, they took a breath of relief, knowing The Governor wasn't playing games and he was actually serious about this.

Kenny drives up outside the old building, screwing down the window to talk to Daryl, Lance opening the door to make his way inside, his pistol by his side.

"He's already in there," Daryl says, holding his trustworthy crossbow, his finger brushing the trigger.

Kenny looks up and down the road, Daryl doing the same.

"I don't see any cars," Kenny speaks, the whole situation unsure to him.

Daryl licks his lips, his nature telling him that they shouldn't be doing this.

"Yeah, don't feel right," Daryl says seconds after, tapping the mint jeep with his fist. "Keep it runnin'."

Inside the cabin, it's not in living standards, no proper furniture, just a round wooden table with two chairs bang on in the middle of the room. Broken glass windows, nibbled floorboards, dust and cobwebs. This place hasn't been touched in forever, Lance having a good theory that this place was like this before the apocalypse. No, it wasn't the wrath and spell of that. Maybe something more. Something more sinister.