Chapter Sixty-Six: Reap What You Sow

Chapter 66

The video I made up above is for The Governor and Meghan's relationship. I really recommend listening to it with your earphones up full blast in a dark room. Just to make it seem real and in the mood haha. Please check it out! The song is called Superheroes by Hayd.

_________________________________________

~ But sometimes superheroes cannot save everyone ~

***

"Brian? What the hell are you doing at this time of night?"

The Governor is like a rabbit caught in the headlights, Lilly's flashlight being them. Her head lowers, spotting a torn picture and what's left is a young girl (around her daughter's age) and a beautiful woman with eyes as bright as her light she holds. They're outside the apartment in the hallway, The Governor about ready to close the door and leave forever, when Lilly detects a silhouette. And to her surprise, it's him.

"You've shaven? And cut your hair?" She says as her eyes adjust, her voice high as she asks the two questions revolving his sudden change in appearance. She has to admit, he cleans up well. He doesn't look like a tramp, more of a wealthy man who's a chief executive officer.

"I have to go," he explains. He pulls on the door to close it on Lilly's face, when she grabs it, exiting the apartment so she's in the hallway along side with him and closing the door herself behind her. She didn't want Girl or Meghan listening in.

"Go where? You have family? I saw your picture--"

Lilly lifts her hand to see the photo, but The Governor snaches back, stuffing the unknown photo in the pocket of his pants. He obviously doesn't want Lilly to see. But why?

"Nah," he remarks, squeezing his pocket the photo is in like he could touch them. "They're gone. And frankly speaking, I want to be aswell."

When he says gone he means gone as in far away from possible as here. But then he realizes that gone has another meaning too. Gone as in gone forever. Dead. And to his wonder, he doesn't know what he means when he said that word. Let's just see how Lilly takes it.

"Let us come with you," she pleads, taking gone as in getting away from this place. "Please?"

He sighs. "I don't know, Lilly. Are you sure?"

She nods her head yes eagerly, awaiting what the outside world is like and how it has changed. She hasn't been outside in over a year, both her and Meghan sending Girl out every time to do their dirty work: scavenging for food, water, medical supplies, clothes and anything that would come in useful. One time Girl had to browse for a new mattress alone, almost dying twice by the others as she calls them.

The Governor isn't so keen on this, but he goes along with it anyway because he had strangely taking a liking to these people.

"Soon as the sun comes up, we hit the road," he demands, willfully knowing that tomorrow is going to be one hell of a day. And the first time, in a long time, he won't be alone in the road. As Lilly turns after giving him a smile and heading back inside the small apartment, he wonders how tomorrow will turn out. Will they survive? Or die? Because he hasn't got a fucking clue.

🔸🔸🔸

Tomorrow has come, Meghan thirsty and antsy to stretch her wings and take flight like a baby bird leaving her nest for the first time. Hell, in a lot of ways, it is like that. She packs her little pink suitcase with white dots, throwing in tattered clothes. She wears her purple Wellington boots, the pirate hoodie with her name on it The Governor saw the first night he came covering her and snuggling her comfortable. She holds onto a faded out yellow bunny, Girl helping her pack.