Chapter 15

I frowned as Jack pulled up to a hair salon. "what are we doing here?"

"Well what do you think someone would do at a hair cutting place? I just don't know Daniela." He grabbed my arm and guided me in. A small petite blonde girl sat at the counter and gave Jack a sugar sweet smile as he walked in.

"Oh well hello." She smirked. "And how can I help you today?"

He rolled his eyes from behind his dark sunglasses and gave her a fake smile. "She needs a hair cut."

The girl bit the top of her pen and leaned over the counter to get closer to Jack. "Anything else I can do for you?"

Jack gave an impatient laugh. "No we're good."

A taller lean girl with baby blue hair came out. "Follow me."

I followed her to a hair and sat down. My hair looked like a mess. The blonde in my hair had faded to a crusty looking color that did nothing for my dull brown hair.

My once big pretty loose curls now became a frizzy mess. The girl bit her lips. "Anything you wanna do?"

"Yes." Jack said. I gave him a look but he brushed it off. "Layered shorter hair with side swept bangs. And make it black. All of it." He motioned to the mess of hair and sat down in a chair next to me.

The lady set up and started cutting. Jack sat down and watched me. Or at least I think he's watching me.... It's hard to tell with those damn sunglasses. His phone rang and he looked at the screen. "I'll be back soon." He said, lightly tapping my shoulder as walking out of the store.

"So how long have you guys been together?" She asked, taking all of my hair over my head and cutting it all off. I flinched and she looked at my with wide eyes. "You didn't need that did you?"

My head shook numbly. "We a- aren't together."

She gave me a look. "really? Well you guys would be cute."

"No I'm kinda seeing someone already."

She moved me over to a hair dye station and started to out stuff in my hair. "Oh who?"

"Uh his name is Ross." I said absentmindedly.

She hands froze and I get her stiffen.

I bit my lip. "Do you know Ross?"

"Angeline?"

The blonde behind the counter came over. "Yes?"

"Finish up for me. I forgot that I uh.... Just finish up for me ok?"

She shrugged and took over as I watched the other girl walk away. Angeline finished up and styled my hair. "Alright I can run you up. Just go upfront."

I went to the desk to see jack hand the lady money and grab my hand. "Keep the change." He huffed.

We got out and he stopped to take a good look at me. "Much better. Now you need new clothes."

"Well I don't really have any money I-"

"did I say anything about you paying?" He snapped, making me jump. "I payed for the hair cut so I got the clothes."

We went into a store and he started pulling clothes for me. It wasn't a store I recognized. But it was dark and had band merch lining the walls.

"UHM how do you know what size I am?" I questioned.

"Oh please honey. You can't be above a small. Even in the slim fitting department."

I sighed and walked off to look at necklaces. I don't know why but everything Jack said annoyed me a little. I don't know why but something about him was unsettling.