Chpater 34

I woke up to squealing and giggling. I groaned and threw a pillow over my head, trying to block out the noise.

"Hey shhhh." Ross's deep, scratchy, morning voice called. "Your sister is still sleeping."

"Not anymore." I groaned. Hope jumped up onto the couch and curled up next to me. I kissed the top of her head and she played with one of my necklaces. An R that Ross had given to me, a long time ago.

"This is pretty." Hope said, fascinated with the way it reflected light.

"What is?" Ross asked. He gently picked up my legs, then sat down and placed them on his lap.

His hand found the necklace and a sad smile came to his face. He rubbed it between his fingers. "Yeah... very pretty." he said, looking into my eyes.

"DANI! Did you see the snow?!" Hope giggled, jumping up and running over to the window.

I frowned. "What.... But it's only September...."

"Uh no, it's December."

My eyes got big. "what!? No.... What.??"

Ross frowned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah.... Sorry." I guess time had just not really found me yet.

"Can we put up Christmas decorations?" Hope asked, hopefully.

"Uh.... I don't own any." Ross shrugged.

"Can we get some?" Hope asked.

I nodded my head. "I'll get some today."

"I'll come with." Ross said quickly.

"Really?"

"Like I'd let you go alone. you might buy the whole store. Or run away on me."

I rolled my eyes. "Who's gonna watch Hope?"

"I will." Jack called, walking into the house.

"Fine." I sighed. I looked to Ross. "I wanna talk with you about something anyways...."

I got up and went upstairs to grab some clothes and then went into bathroom. I decided to take a shower since I hadn't had one in a while.

After that I got out and changed into jeans and a graphic tee, tying a plaid shirt around my waist. I looked in the mirror and started to comb my hair.

I adjusted my pants, feeling a slight discomfort.

Were they already getting too small? No..... That couldn't be possible. Could it?

I lifted up my shirt to look at my belly. It didn't look much different. But it felt weird. I gently rubbed a hand over it.

The door flew open, and I jumped, pulling my hand away.

"Oh sorry I....." Ross looked confused. "Not used to sharing this bathroom since you left.... What were you doing?"

"Oh...." I cleared my throat and looked around. "I ate a lot recently and was hoping it wasn't showing.... You know classic girl issues."

"Well, you look great as always."

"Thanks....." I nervously squeezed passed him and went downstairs to see hope eating cereal. She smiled and waved me over. I sat down next to her and kissed her cheek.

"Will you get some UHM UHM sparkly twinkly lights?" She asked, wiggling her fingers in an attempt to imitate the lights.

I giggled. "Of course, cutie."