Chapter 35

As soon as it came out of my mouth, I desperately wanted to take it back. More tears slid down my face, and I watched as Ross stood in complete silence, frozen.

"I'm sorry." I said, shaking my head. "I get you don't wanna have anything to do with this baby. And I'm sorry, okay? You don't have to do anything. I just thought you should know. I'll get all my stuff and leave by tomorrow."

I was watching the ground, watching as my tears hit the pure white snow and disappear, never to be seen again.

I turned around and started to walk away.

I couldn't believe it was over.... I didn't wanna be THAT girl, but Ross, and the Lynchs in general, had become such a big part of my life.

My life honestly revolved around Ross. now that he's gone, I don't know what to do. What family could I stay with?

I have no idea what to do. And what am I supposed to do with a baby? I'm not even able to take care of myself, let alone Hope and a newborn.

All by myself....

I started to cry harder and wrapped my arms around myself, in an effort to comfort myself.

I let out a cry as something hard hit me and I fell to the ground. Something heavy soon fell onto me, and wrapped around me.

Something wet hit my neck and I wiggled around until I saw Ross, his head buried into my neck, crying....

"A baby...." He mumbled, then pulling me up. "A BABY!"

I shook my head. "You don't have to pretend to want the baby, and do this out of guilt and pity. I can take care of myself." I sniffled.

"I want this baby, I want you." He said, kissing me. "I want little Gerard."

I laughed. "What?"

"His name is gerard."

"How do you know it's a him? Maybe it'll be little Helena."

He picked me up and we started to walk. "Mmmmm I'll be happy no matter what this baby is." He gave me another small little kiss and held me closer.

"Ross, you know I can walk."

"I know." He sighed. "But I don't ever wanna let you go again."

I smiled and nodded.

He was finally back. My soft little Ross is back.

He opened up my car door and set me in. He got in and started up the car, cranking up the heat.

I groaned. "Ross, I'm soaked."

He laughed and nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Errrr yeah, sorry."

I laughed and shook my head. I snuggled deeper into my seat, and Ross grabbed my hand.

We rode the rest of the way home in comfortable silence.

Soon we were home and we walked inside. It was all dark so I was assuming that everyone had gone to sleep. Jack was passed out on the couch, so I went upstairs to find hope.

She was up in her room, passed out in a mountain of dolls.

"Geez..." I mumbled.

Ross wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. "It's very hard to say no to her."

I couldn't help but giggle. "She convinced you to buy her a these dolls?"

"That's not even all of them." He groaned.