Chpater 30

*Ross's POV*

"Rooooosssssyyyy!" Hope giggled as I tickled her. "No stop!" She was out of breath and smiling, giggling like crazy.

But as to her request I have her a break. She repositioned herself under my arm, and cuddled into me.

She had insisted on watching some show that played on Disney channel. I'd never seen it before, but it was terrible.

But if it makes her happy, I'd be glad to put it on.

"She's pretty." she pointed to a random girl on tv. The typical model thin blonde haired person.

"Eh." I shrugged.

"But not as pretty as my sister." She said, playing with one of my many necklaces.

The familiar heart ache I've had, grew stronger. "she is very pretty."

"Is that why you married her?" She asked me.

I couldn't help but laugh and she gave me a grumpy looking face.

"No no we weren't married.... We just dated, and no that's not why I dated her. She is Insanely pretty but.... She's also kind, charming, smart.... everything I couldn't want and more."

"Then why didn't you marry her silly?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

She looked up to me with the same brown eyes as Dani. "Do you love her?"

"Yes...." The heart ache only grew stronger. It ate at me until it physically hurt. "Hey do you want pizza for dinner?"

She shook her head. "I want dinosaur nuggets."

I smiled and ruffled her hair. "you got it kiddo."

I got up and got the nuggets out, and threw them into the oven, turning it on and grabbing a soda to drink.

I craved a beer, to get drunk and feel numb instead of heartbreak. To just feel something else, or at least get my mind off of it.

But Hope was home so I couldn't. And I was glad she was here to stop me.

I took a long drink of the cold, bubbly pop, jumping up onto the counter.

Hope was now on the floor playing with dolls.

I didn't have anything to keep her entertained with at my house. Thankfully, Rydel helped me out. I told her what happened and the next day she showed up with a ton of things for Hope.

I don't know what I would've done without her.

She also offered to take in Hope, but I immediately turned down that offer.

I'd grown so attached to this little girl.... I used to hate kids but I've changed... so much.

And Dani wants me to take care of her, so I will.

I pulled out her food and put the nuggets on a plate, then put ketchup next to them. "Dinners ready."

Hope eagerly ran over to me and jumped up onto her chair. She started happily munching away at her food and I just smiled at how cute she is.

"Rossy, where's Jack?"

Jack hadn't been home much. He was always out at bars. He said he was doing something else, but I knew he wasn't.

I'd spent enough of my life at clubs and bars, to know what he was doing, by just looking at him.

I sighed. "I don't know, kiddo. But he won't be home till late."

"He's never home." She pouted.

"I know. I'll tell him you miss him."

She nodded her head and finished up eating. I saw Jack pull up in his motorcycle and could tell he was drunk.

"Why don't you go and get your pjs on? We can watch a movie in my room." I said. I didn't want her around drunk Jack.

He gets violent and throws up a lot....

I helped her down and she skipped up the stairs.

I heard the door fly open, slam against the wall, and someone stumble in.

Jack came in and sat down on a chair. He smiled. "You're up late. Shouldn't you be having fun with your girlfriend? Oh wait." He giggled to himself and my fists clenched.

"You need to go to bed."

"Does it drive you crazy that you weren't good enough for her?"

I ignored him and started working on cleaning up the kitchen.

"Well it shouldn't cause that's not why she leeeeeft."

The glass I was holding fell from my hand, and shattered. "What...."

"Can I have some peanut butter? And a fork?"

"Jack. what. Did. You. just. say."

He rolled his eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. "I saaaaaaid, can I have some peanut-"

I grabbed his shirt and threw him against the wall. "Don't fuck with me, Jack."

"Ohhhhh angry Ross is back. I thought Dani took all the bad boy out of you." He cackled. "Ross Lynch is back!"

I pulled back my hand to punch him, fury blinding me, when a soft voice rang out.

"Ross!" Hope cried out. I turned to see her, freaked out. She looked like she was on the verge of crying, and fear was plastered on her face.

"Uh ohhhhh." Jack sang out.

Hope ran upstairs as fast as she could. "Damn it, Jack!" I let go of him and pushed him to the ground.

I started walking to the stairs, and Jack called out 3 words that made me freeze.

"She's with Rocky."

•Danis POV•

I hugged my legs close to my chest, resting my chin on my
Knees. 20 minutes, and I still haven't talked to Ell.

I had just kind of wandered off into my own world, not caring to come back.

But I decided I should probably go and tell him.

I opened up the door to see a frazzled looking Rocky standing in front of me.

His hair was a mess, eyes wild, and he was panting. He fist was raised, posed to knock on the door.

"We need to talk."

Sorry for the slow update.... And not as long of a chapter.... But anyways I'm doing both ideas that I suggested in my last chapter, as most of you requested.

I already put out the first one. it's called Weird kids. Go take a look.