Chapter 26

I had trouble sleeping that night. I was cold and kept having dreams of Ross, leaving me sad and empty. I kept waking up over and over only to be left alone.

Eventually I did get some sleep but it only ended up being an hour or two. I just had too much on my mind.

When I woke up I was freezing. Again. I got up and yawned, a pounding headache hitting me. I groaned and got up. I grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower then blow dried my black mess of hair. I ran a brush on my hair and then got dressed. I'd gone with ripped jeans and a grey sleeveless shirt that showed a bit of my stomach.

I played with my nose ring for a bit, sitting on the counter and thinking .

I honestly had no idea what the hell I was doing anymore.

This was the worst situation to be in.

What do I even do now? Pretend everything's okay?

I frowned and thought for a moment, and idea slowly forming in my head. Maybe I could get out of this....

I opened up the door and quickly ran down the stairs to find Rocky in the kitchen, talking to a familiar blonde guy.

I slowly walked over to them and looked at him, as he glanced over to me with a smile.

"You seem to get yourself in a lot of trouble." Riker said.

I shrugged. "What can I say, it's a talent."

He shook his head. "I guess."

"So why are you here?"

"Business stuff with Rocky." He sighed. "And Jack wanted to make sure you were still alive."

"You talked to Jack?"

"Mhm. Don't worry Ross doesn't know your here and Jacks trying to calm him down. And Hope's fine too."

"Why do you know all this...."

He smiled and looked back to Rocky who raised an eyebrow. "Ross doesn't know you're here....?"

"No." I shook my head. "I basically told him I don't wanna be with him anymore...."

Rocky laughed. "Harsh. Mmmm I'm gonna tell him you're here with me." He smirked. "Wow.... I can't wait, just imagine his face."

"Rocky please don't.... It'll crush him. And he won't stop trying to get me back until he's hurt or dead."

He sighed. "That's the fun part."

"I came with you, Rocky. Isn't that enough? Can't we just leave him alone? He's already got enough on his plate as it is!" I yelled.

Rocky only rolled his eyes in response, going back to talking to Riker. I went to the fridge and got myself an apple and wandered outside of his house. He had a large forest and pond in his back yard, along with a pool and hot tub.

I sat down by the pool and put my feet in, slowly swishing them around. It wasn't very warm today. The sky was cloudy and it looked like it was about to start raining at any moment.

"Do you like swimming?"

I looked up to see Rocky sitting down next to me. "No not really.... I've always kinda hated it but I would if Ross wanted to...." I trailed off and looked down to my feet.

"You really like him, don't you?"

"Do you like Alexa?" I asked, wanting to get off the topic of Ross.

"Why do you keep asking?"

"Cause I wanna know.... now answer!"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know.... I did a while ago but she didn't like me so I just moved on...."