Chapter 9

I woke up warm and comfy ...... Super comfy. My eyes fluttered open. To see Ross awake. hope was curled up into his chest and he was braiding..... ,Well attempting, her hair.

"I have a sister." he said. "Rydel. She's........ The nicest of us I guess you could say. And she said she could get Hope out of here, while we try to figure out what we're gonna do......."

"Ross! I can't just..... Leave her! She's my sister and I don't even know Rydel."

"She's coming down. She'll be here in 2 days. You can meet her and talk to her. You don't have to give her to Rydel but I'd recommend it."

"But....... Ross she's my sister!"

"Do you really want her around with Rocky and Riker here!"
He hissed. She stirred around.

I can't just give her to Rydel....... I don't know her! Or anything about her! She could be just like Riker and Rocky....... Or she could be working with them! But Ross was partly right........ I can't have Hope here. I didn't care what happened to me, but I couldn't let Hope get hurt. And with her safe maybe I could focus on getting my dad........

"Fine I'll talk to her!" I sighed. Ross got up and went downstairs. I tucked some pillows around Hope and followed Ross downstairs were he was trying to cook pancakes.

"What are your burns from?" I asked.

He flipped his pancake. "Rocky mostly. A couple from Ryland."

"Ross. ....... What did they do!?"

"It was a long time ago I barley remember."

"What about your tattoos?"

"Do you ever shut up!" He put his two black pancakes onto his plate and dumped the rest of the batter down the sink.

"ROSS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT!?"

"Make yourself something. not my issue."

"Fine. Whatever." I got up and started to look around. He had close to no food. A little bit of pancake batter, raisins, oatmeal, moldy bread, spoiled milk, as a rotten apple. And every other inch of the fridge was covered in beer. "nice Ross......"

I started to make some pancake batter. "We're gonna need clothes......."

"I got some for you last night while you were sleeping."

"Right."

Little footsteps came down the stairs and hope can into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes still half asleep. She tried to climb up onto one of the chairs but Ross quickly lifted her up. She curled up into his chest. I started to butter up her pancakes and add syrup. I sat down next to her and started to cut them up.

"Rossy?" Hope asked, tracing the patterns on his chest.

"Yes Hun?"

"Why did you draw on yourself?"

He chuckled. "I'm sorry."

"Here Hope." I said. I pushed the plate over to her and she perked up and started to eat.

"Can I have something to drink please?" Hope asked. I gave Ross a look.

He rolled his eyes at me. "I'll go shopping tonight."

"He doesn't have anything to drink." I said.

"Can we go swimming today?" She asked, twirling her fork in the syrup.

Ross smirked. "Sure. Your bag is upstairs. I actually grabbed your swim suit."

She giggled and ran upstairs. He leaned back in his chair. "So are you gonna go put on the swim suit I brought for you?"