The Challenge

Brian was taunting me with the ball, as I watched his moments. Luke showed me the rules and how to play the game from his phone. Now it was all locked in my brain and up to me to win. Looking back at my cheerleader, I gave her a smile as she sent me a smirk.

I asked Gina to be my cheerleader and luckily she said yes and that only excite me more.

"Alright Loser, get ready!" Brian said dribbling the ball.

Still keeping an eye on the ball and his movements, I notice the quick but awful handling he has. Trying to get pass me, I got in his way holding my hands out to block him. Trying to be a show off, he started to dribble the ball between his legs but only able to dribble it from the inside to the outside of the legs. Getting his movements down, when he tried transferring the ball to his other leg, I quickly swiped the ball out of his hand. Dribbling it nicely, I ran towards the other basket and shot it in from the three pointer line. Shaking his head he grabbed the ball, and check it up with me. Afterwards he was watching me angrily as I kept my eyes only on the ball. Trying to run towards his basket, he try shooting it in the two pointer space but quickly jumping I caught the ball with my hands over my head. I'm 5'8, which it kinda tall but that's the normal height for my kind.

Dribbling it fast, I try doing the dribbling between my legs which turned out easier then I thought. It swiftly went between and bounce back into my hand as I repeated it. Running towards the goal, he stepped in front of me trying to steal the ball but quickly, I bounced it between my legs then made a 180° turn after bouncing it. Shooting it behind the three pointer line again, I began to hear the beautiful voice I hope to hear always.

"Let's go Remi! Let's go!" Gina scream before doing a Rudolph flip. I smiled at that as she returned a smile.

Brian caught the ball, once again checking it up with me. He was focusing just on the ball this time as his movements was fast and hard. Just by that I know he was irritated and his main focus was to win.

I wasn't really focusing on the ball anymore, I know I'll win. Humans are very competitive and he was starting to get more in the hole of it.

"You win Brian!" I shouted making all the other students stop cheering as everyone looked at me with a disbelief face. He stopped dribbling making the ball roll somewhere else, as his head was down so I couldn't see his expression. "I give up! You win!"

"NO!" he said angrily as he looks up at us. "I will not lose to no pathetic bitch! Come on, Remi! Can you not play no more or something?"

He was raging and his eyes are showing something totally different. "I give up! I'm too tired."

He looked at me oddly as I yawn. Sticking my hands behind my head as I rest my head on them a bit, I began to walk over towards Luke who was looking at me with disbelief.

"What the hell, Rim!" he said throwing his hands up. "You could have totally bet him!"

"I know but what will that do?" I said as I glance towards my cheerleader. She was looking at me with disbelief as well but I just sent her a smirk. "I'm not interested in betting him or making him feel like a type away. I don't care about any of that."

Feeling my phone vibrated, I checked it.

Mother : Outside, have to go to lab

"Anyways, I gotta go! See you." I said walking out of gym but feeling a hand catch mine. "Huh?"

Turning around, there I see Gina having a mysterious look in her face. "Why you let him win?"

"Why would I not?" I said as she tilt her head like a confused pup. "It's just a game and there is no reason for me prove anything when all was spoken with the actions we preform."

She continue to give me a confused look but I ignore it. "You're too weird and that's not gonna get you nowhere around here. Brian might be stupid but he has a temper he can't control."

Smirking at her, I spoke "You have done a beautiful job being my cheerleader, Gina, but I have to leave and trust me. Brian will never be a problem against me."

With that said, I turned around leaving the gym, making my way to the exit of the school building. Seeing my mothers in there silver ford, I jump in the back. "Why are we going down to the lab, mothers?"

"Well. we Dr. Piper wanted to run a few more tests on the love fumes?" mother said as I stared out the window as usual.

Reaching the lab, we park in the front as usual and make our way inside. Going into our official lab room, I began to strip and shift to remain comfortable. Being disguise actually does use a lot of our energy but the moment we are back in our own skin, all that energy is restored. Stretching my limbs, I felt my bones pop and my tail relax. Ms. Piper was by her desk as usual as I put on some silk baggy sweats. They weren't comfortable as our bunjis that we wear back home but they were similar.

"Aye, just the perfect person I wanted to see." she said looking towards me.

"Evening Dr. Piper. As much as I love to spend time with you, yu did pull me out of school." I said as she chuckles.

"I know Red, my apologies but this will only take a few moments."