VIII.

The library was extremely quiet aside from Demetrius' foot tapping on the cream tiled floor. He and Shayla decided to meet up during lunch to design some decorations for the pep rally coming up in five days. This was the only time they could meet since Shayla still has detention and Demetrius has to work at the skate shop after school. To make matters worse, she wasn't answering her phone.

Demetrius picked up his phone to text Shayla one more time then sighed and started to pack up his stuff.

"Where you going?" Shayla loudly whispered as she approached the table.

"I thought you weren't coming," he sat back down.

"I kind of got distracted. Look," she pulled out her phone then handed it to him.

His eyes widened at the photo of her latest work of art. She defaced the poster of the basketball team and painted "Fund the Arts" in white.

"This girl is actually crazy," he thought.

"So you just want to get in trouble."

"Its called freedom of speech Mr. Meech, get with the program."

Demetrius shook his head then the two proceeded to bounce ideas off each other until the bell rang.

▼▲▼

"Ravyn, can you stay back for a moment?" Ms. Elliott, the calculus teacher from hell, asked.

"What's up Ms. E?" Ravyn smiled.

After years of training, Ravyn has mastered the art of becoming the teacher's pet. Every teacher who crossed her path loved her. Perfect attendance, outstanding grades, and super involved. Ravyn is definitely a shoe in for valedictorian all she needs is a few more service hours to beat her competition Chase Bennett, the second smartest person in school.

"I have a student who is in desperate need of tutoring so he can be eligible to play basketball this season and I know you could use the service hours."

Ravyn rolled her eyes. She's been a tutor since ninth grade and hates it when athletes wait until the last minute to bring their grades up.

"Alright. Who is it?" she asked.

"Andre Brown."

"Just get this over with so you can be valedictorian. You got this girl," she encouraged herself.

"Here's his number. You can meet up during his study hall every other day."

▼▲▼

Andre and Chase walked into the locker rooms to get dressed for practice.

"Its good to have you back bro," Chase slapped Andre's back.

"I don't know how long this is going to last," he sighed, "I'm struggling in calc so I may become ineligible," he said while undressing.

"Why didn't you tell me? I can help you," Chase offered but Andre shook his head.

"Ms. Elliott said she'll get me a tutor."

"Ravyn does tutoring for Ms. Elliott," Chase groaned, "You can't work with her."

"Why?" Andre raised an eyebrow.

"We have the exact same GPA so Dr. Thomas said valedictorian will be chosen based on service hours which you're helping her with by being tutored. You have to cancel."

"Hell nah. I really need the help and I just might take this opportunity to get to know Ravyn a little better," he wiggled his eyebrows.

▼▲▼

don't forget to comment and vote✨