XXII.

I spotted Ravyn grabbing her backpack from her locker

I spotted Ravyn grabbing her backpack from her locker. I quickly ran up behind her then dangled my exam in front of her. She snatched it then turned around with a huge smile.

"You got a B," she cheered, "Not bad Mr. Brown."

"Thanks for helping me," I pulled her into a hug and inhaled the coconut scent that coated her tightly coiled hair.

"You're welcome. Now we've got to work on getting a perfect score next."

"Shall we," I held out my arm so we could walk to study hall together.

Ravyn laughed then wrapped her arm around mine, "We shall."

We continued down the hallway then Justice approached us with a sly smile painted across her face. I was doing a good job ignoring her and now she wants to pop up.

"Hey," Justice smiled, "Ravyn, right?"

Ravyn looked up at me with a raised eyebrow then nodded.

"I just want to apologize for being so rude to you," she sounded genuine which caused me to step back a bit and Ravyn squeezed my arm.

"I accept your apology," Ravyn gave a fake smile, "I guess," she mumbled.

"Ravyn, can you give us a minute?" I asked then waited for her to walk into the classroom.

"Leave Ravyn alone," I said to Justice.

"All I did was apologize Dre. What's your problem?"

"You weren't being sincere."

"Yes I was Dre," she whined, "And I'm sorry for making you look bad in front of her. I guess I have to accept the fact that you've moved on and have a new girlfriend," she hung her head low, "but I want us to be friends again. We don't even talk to each other like the good old days."

"First of all, she's not my girlfriend Justice but I forgive you," I sighed, "I miss being friends too," I admitted.

"Really?" she squealed.

"Yeah, but promise you won't over step any boundaries."

"Promise," she held out her pinky which made me laugh.

We hugged then I walked into the classroom to get started with tutoring.

▼▲▼

Once I got home, I was greeted by my dad and some random white guy sitting on the couch, deep in conversation. I already know what this is about. For the past few weeks, recruiters have been coming to my house to convince me to join their schools. I didn't think choosing a college to play for would be so hard and I'm definitely over this entire process.

"Son," my dad waved me over after finally noticing that I came in the house.

I took a seat and pretended to listen to everything the man was saying, occasionally nodding my head so I'd seem interested. When he finally left, I headed to my room to get ready for bed.

"Andre," my dad barged into my room with a scowl, "I don't know what's wrong with you but you better fix it boy. You've got schools fighting over you and you're acting uninterested."

I sighed then took a seat on my bed, "Dad, I already told you what school I want to got to."

"And it's not good enough for you!" he yelled, "I raised you to be the best and that school isn't the best!"

"Whatever," I sucked my teeth then grabbed my keys and left.

I decided to drive to my mom's house. At least I know she won't be nagging me about school.

"Andre, what are you doing here so late?" my mom asked after letting me in.

"Your ex husband is getting on my nerves."

"Join the club," she laughed then I told her everything that was going on.

"Go wherever you'll be happy sweetheart. This is your life, not your father's," she pulled me into a hug, "Have you thought about what you want to major in?"

I shook my head.

"That's what you need to be thinking about. Basketball isn't going to last forever."

"I know ma," I groaned.

Maybe basketball isn't what I'm supposed to do with my life.

▼▲▼

thanks for reading!

don't forget to comment and vote