XXXI.

Today is the worst day of the year; Valentine's Day

Today is the worst day of the year; Valentine's Day. The halls became filled with pink, red and girls with expectations. They want the roses and the chocolates and those big stupid teddy bears; for what? I'm not going to lie though, I used to be into it, having girls swoon if I decided to give them a little something something. But now, I'm off that. I'm just going to mind my business and go on about my day.

"Guess who," a familiar soft voice said as arms wrapped around my torso.

I turned to face Justice who wore a huge smile.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" she said, "Want a kiss?"

Before I could decline, she pulled out a Hershey's Kiss from her pocket and handed it to me.

"Thank's," I laughed then pulled her into a hug. When I looked up, I noticed Ravyn walking down the hall, carrying a bouquet of deep red roses wrapped in shimmery white paper.

"Why you looking like that?" Justice asked then turned around and saw Ravyn, "Really Dre? Here I am trying to do something kind and that girl still has your attention,"

"It ain't even like that," I sucked my teeth then left her standing there looking stupid. Every time we're good, she wants to go and mess it up.

▼▲▼

The day went by smoothly with some girls handing me candy or a card with their phone number. I was in the locker room listening to Chase complain about not hearing back from his dream school yet while we got dressed for practice.

"All I had to do was give shawty some flowers and now I got her right where I want her, "I overheard someone say.

I peaked over the lockers and saw Trevor's stupid ass showing the guys something on his phone.

"She bad but that smart girl shit is annoying. Imma smash then dip."

I knew exactly who he was talking about which made me clench my jaw so I wouldn't yell something over the lockers.

"Alright, let's go!" Coach yelled as he handed out blue practice jerseys to certain people while the team filed into the gym, "Losing team is doing suicides until I say stop."

I surveyed the other team, happy that Chase was with me and Trevor's stupid ass wasn't. Coach blew the whistle and the game began. Of course, my team was winning which made the other team get a little aggressive. 

Once again, I had the ball and Trevor's stupid ass decided to guard me. Each move I made, he was there so I tossed the ball to another teammate. I tried to get around Trevor but couldn't. I slightly moved forward and he shoved me back. My teammate shot the ball at the last second but missed and I groaned. I would've made it. At least we still won.

"Excuse me," I said, trying to get past Trevor who continued to copy my moves like we were still playing the game. 

"Nah," he replied dryly.

"What you mean 'Nah' Get out the way," I moved to the left and there he was. It was taking a lot for me to not slap him.

"Cancel your study session with Ravyn tomorrow because I'm going to be in those guts," he grinned which infuriated me.

I pushed Trevor's stupid ass across the gym then walked away.

▼▲▼

The Next Day

I smiled as Ravyn entered the library but she rolled her eyes. 

"Why would you fight Trevor?" she got straight to it; no hi or nothing, "He said you're always mean to him."

Me and Trevor's stupid ass have had issues since freshman year but I was never intentionally mean to him. I think he's jealous of me but I don't blame him. I'd be mad if I wasn't me too. He just moves funny, always going after teammates' girls and starting stuff. Last year he tried to get at Justice but she wasn't with that at all.

"First of all, it wasn't a fight. I just pushed ol boy. Yall dating something?"

"No," she blushed, "but he is really sweet and you hurt his feelings."

"Ravyn, I don't care. He was talking crazy about you."

She raised an eyebrow, "What'd he say?"

I sighed, "He called you annoying and said he just wants to hit," I told her but she giggled.

"You're making stuff up. If I'm annoying, why would he ask me out?" she asked and I shrugged, "I think you're jealous."

"Whatever bruh," I sucked my teeth, "Don't say I didn't tell you so when he has you out here looking stupid."

"You mean like how you have Justice?"

I ignored her and pulled out my textbook. I'm sick of these females.

▼▲▼

Trevor's stupid ass

Trevor's stupid ass

▼▲▼

thanks for reading!

don't forget to comment and vote ✨