XII.

I quickly twisted the combination lock the grabbed all my stuff

"Demetrius," I jumped but relaxed when I saw Ravyn and Shayla approaching.

"Why are you rushing?" Shayla asked, "You don't ride a bus."

"I looked over her shoulder and saw Marcus and his two friends coming my way as usual. 

"I'll see yall later," I turned around to walk away but was yanked back then pushed into lockers.

"I haven't seen you in a while," Marcus pushed me down when I tried to get up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Shayla yelled and got in Marcus' face.

He put his hand on her face and shoved her which caused her to stumble back.

"Stay in a woman's place," he spat then turned to me, "So what you got for me today?" when he reached for my backpack, Shayla jumped on his back and tightly wrapped her arms around his neck then the two fell to the ground.

"Shayla!" Ravyn yelled, "Demetrius do something, she's going to kill him!"

I froze and watched as Marcus became pale and he gasped for air. Then one of his friends slapped Shayla across the face which made her let go. I punched him then got pulled away by another guy. The two took turns beating me up. 

I started to become weak as the metallic taste of blood became present. Just as the bottom of a shoe was about to meet my face, I tightly closed my eyes but didn't feel anything. I used all my strength to sit up and watched in shock as Chase and Andre threw punches at the three guys while Ravyn and Shayla tried to pull them off.

"You have to stop before you get suspended!" Ravyn shouted, "And kicked off the team!"

They stopped fighting then came over to me as Marcus struggled to get up.

"Dang, you look terrible," Andre squatted in front of me and I noticed a few scratches on this jaw, "Come on we'll take you to coach, he'll know what to do and Dr. Thomas won't find out," he stood up then held out his hand.

I grabbed it and winced in pain as Andre draped my arm around him. Chase came on my other side and did the same.

"You got him right?" a concerned Ravyn asked and Andre nodded.

The two boys slowly escorted me to the gym to get help and all I could think about was not dying. 

▼▲▼

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I was met with a familiar pair of wide brown eyes staring at me.

"Meechy is alive," my younger brother cheered.

I tried to sit up but pain shot through my chest. I began looking around and realized I was in the hospital.

"How are you feeling Meech?" my mom asked with a concerned face, "Your ribs are fractured."

"It hurts."

"Maybe if you learned to fight like I said, we wouldn't be here. Aren't you sick of getting beaten up? Its just going to continue to get worse," my dad's deep voice boomed through the room.

"Andrew!" my mom yelled which sparked an argument as usual.

A nurse rushed in and looked around with a worried face. 

"Demetrius, how are you feeling? Your heart rate just increased rapidly."

"I'm fine," I said softly then she gave me some medication.

How did I end up here?

▼▲▼

thanks for reading

this is gonna be it for a while because college is no joke 

and i've been disassociating 

don't forget to comment and vote ✨