XIII.

I moved the soggy carrots around on my tray while ignoring the girl sitting in front of me, who has been talking since she spotted me sitting by myself in the cafeteria

I moved the soggy carrots around on my tray while ignoring the girl sitting in front of me, who has been talking since she spotted me sitting by myself in the cafeteria. I actually prefer to be alone, mainly because no one here has the mental capacity or intellect to hold a conversation.

I'm not going to lie though, the girl is fine, smooth olive skin with a small waist, but she's not saying anything. I swear I only attract girls who aren't about anything. I like a smart girl who knows when to be quiet and stay in her place. That's why I may have to stop trying to get with black women. Of course, black women are queens but it seems like they've forgotten that. Now they're latching on to feminism, created by white women by the way, and thinking they're too good for black men. Black women love to trash us and sleep with the oppressor.

Now, Asian women, they're docile and submissive but also very aggressive when it comes to family values and success. Too bad there aren't any here.

"Are you done talking?" I asked when she finally took a breath, "Your mouth is moving but nothing profound is coming out."

She got up, obviously upset, then swiped my tray off the table and stomped off.

I wasn't eating that anyway.

Once lunch was over, I headed to my final period, Speech and Debate, and took my seat in the front. This is my favorite class because I get to argue with these idiots for an hour. Of course, everyone loves to gang up on me which further proves my point that these people aren't capable of thinking for themselves.

Joey entered the class and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He's definitely the enemy. The guy loves to turn the class against me whenever he's losing the debate.

"Alright everyone," said Ms. Simpson, the fine 23-year-old redbone teacher that all the students were attracted to, me included,"Hopefully you've prepared some notes for today's debate. Pro-Trump to the right and anti-Trump to the left."

Everyone in the class shifted to where they belonged and like I expected, the entire class was on the left except for me and this white boy, Tanner, whose views tend to align with mine.

"So, Sabrina, Tell me why you don't support Trump," Ms. Simpson said.

"There are thousands of reasons why I'll never support that man," she said and some people laughed, "but one reason is that he is trying to get rid of DACA. I am a dreamer. I was born in Mexico but America is all I know and I can't imagine being sent back and having to adapt. There's nothing for me in Mexico and ending DACA means I can't be here and that really worries my family."

"Thank you for sharing. What about you Rashad? Why do you support Trump?" Ms. Simpson asked me.

Now is my time to shine.

"For one, I'm anti-establishment and Trump represents that. There's nothing fake about him, unlike these other politicians. He's honest, outspoken and against political correctness."

"So how do you feel about his policies?" Joey questioned.

"Well-"

"Oh wait, he doesn't have any," Joey interrupted, "Repeal and replace Obama Care? Failed. Travel Ban? Failed. Transgender military ban? Failed. What about that wall? There's nothing there. Threat of World War Three? Absolutely."

"His tax cut bill was approved. That was one of his main promises.

"Okay and?" Joey retorted, "That man cut taxes on businesses and the wealthy. I doubt anyone in this room is part of the tax bracket that will benefit."

"Well actually, Trump lowered taxes for everyone."

Joey didn't have a response so I knew I won.

"Lowering taxes doesn't excuse him from being a terrible person with no moral character and a rapist," Jenna, an annoying white girl with a squeaky voice, chimed in, "He has disrespected women, people of color, African Americans, the LGBT community, Muslims, disabled people, and immigrants. And he cheated on his wife multiple times and could care less about the environment," she ranted.

I bet she feels smart right now but I got something for that ass.

"You done Becky? First of all, there have been plenty of presidents with low morals. Obama sent drones into the middle east and attacked civilians but yall not mad about that. To call the man a rapist is a bit much when you don't know what happened. Women lie about that stuff all the time so save the feminist ranting. Also, Bill Clinton cheated on-"

"And they got him up out of there," Joey interrupted once again.

"Ms. Simpson, I'm not going to keep talking if he keeps cutting me off."

"Joey," she said sternly and gave him a look.

"Sorry Ms. Simpson, but I'm not going to just sit here and let him make false equivalences."

"But everything I've said is fact-based and if you paid attention in history class you'd know that Bill Clinton was acquitted."

"Everyone, this is a teachable moment. Having an opinion is one thing but having informed knowledge gives you the upper hand. We cant always respond purely off of emotion. An argument supported by facts will always win. Well done Rashad," she said then the bell rang.

▼▲▼

thanks for reading

don't forget to comment and vote

what you think about this chapter?

also, thanks for all the positive comments, they really make my day✨

▼▲▼

one more thing if you even care,

the day after i wrote this chapter, a federal judge ruled that the US must keep DACA which is great!