XXXIV.

"Yall going to Chase's party tomorrow?" I asked CJ and Alice as we walked home

"Yall going to Chase's party tomorrow?" I asked CJ and Alice as we walked home. All those two do is hold hands and stare into each other's eyes.

Man, I want a girlfriend.

"I can't go," Alice frowned, "My dad won't let me leave the house."

"Then sneak out," CJ laughed and Alice punched him in the shoulder.

"You want me to die? My dad would freak out if he knew that I was around you two."

I'm glad I don't have parents like hers. She can't do nothing. I already know Alice is going to be wild when she gets to college.

"What if you told your parents that you're going to Ravyn's or Shayla's," I asked as we all sat on the steps in front of my apartment building.

"That just might work," Alice smiled.

We came up with a master plan and then CJ and Alice left, hand in hand. As I reached for the door, it swung open, colliding with my face.

"Shit!" I whispered and touched the middle of my forehead.

"I am so sorry," I looked up to see Justice with a worried face, "Are you ok?"

"I'll be alright," I smiled.

Justice is fine as hell. She wore her hair in a slick back ponytail with her edges swooped on her forehead like cursive letters on a tawny colored piece of paper. Justice always reminded me of those sexy video vixens from the 90s because of the way that confidence exuded in everything she did. Everybody at school knows that Justice is Andre's but that ain't gonna stop me from looking.

"Malik, right?" she asked and I nodded, "I didn't know you lived here."

"Yeah, I'm on the sixth floor."

"Third," Justice replied and then there was that awkward silence that always made me want to run into traffic.

Get it together Malik. What would LL Cool J do?

"You going to the party tomorrow?" I asked, trying not to seem too interested.

"You may see me there," She spoke softly then walked away while twirling her keys around her index finger.

I turned slightly to see what she looked like from the back without being too obvious.

Damn!

▼▲▼