XXX.

It's been about a month since all three girls have spent time together

It's been about a month since all three girls have spent time together. Ravyn decided to invite her feuding friends to a cafe so everyone could reconcile and things can go back to normal. She felt like she was stuck in the middle of Alice and Shayla's argument so instead of choosing a side, Ravyn decided to ignore both of them. But now she missed her friends.

Since the dance, Alice started to hang out with CJ more often. They weren't dating since her parents would never allow it, but that didn't stop her budding crush from growing. For now, they agreed to just be friends.

Shayla, on the other hand, spent most of her days getting in trouble and creating by herself. This wasn't the first time she and Alice got into an argument but this was the longest they've gone without speaking.

Alice arrived at the cafe and spotted Ravyn sitting at a table, smiling at her phone.

"Hey," she sat across from her.

"Hey Alice," Ravyn smiled.

"I'm surprised your phone works," she said, still bitter that I haven't heard from her in so long.

Ravyn rolled her eyes, "Don't start."

"Ravyn, I thought we were best friends. You were supposed to have my back."

"Have your back for what? Both of yall were wrong and I'm sick of being in the middle."

"Whatever," Alice mumbled.

"I miss my friends and I want all three of us to be cool again," she said, "Shayla is coming and we're going to work this out."

A few minutes passed then Shayla strolled in with her long blue braids swaying from side to side. 

"Why's she here?" Shayla scoffed. 

"Girl sit down," Ravyn insisted, "Both of yall are going to work this out so we can be friends again."

"I don't even know how any of this happened," Shayla shrugged.

"You're always taking something from me," Alice spoke up.

"Explain," Shayla placed her elbows on the table then rested her head in her hands.

"Every time I like a guy, you pop up and take him. First Carter then Joey."

"I don't like Joey! Get over it. You're just mad that people are more attracted to me. Maybe if you weren't so stuck up, guys would like you back," Shayla spat. 

"Stuck up?! You're the one that's full of yourself. You literally made Rashad getting beat up about you."

"This is stupid," Shayla got up to leave but Ravyn grabbed her arm.

"Wait," she pleaded, "Both of you are arguing just to be arguing. Alice, you were wrong for assuming that she wanted Joey. Let's be honest, you didn't have time for the magazine so you got kicked out," she explained, "Shayla, you knew Alice liked Carter so you were wrong for going on a date with him. Maybe yall need to listen to each other instead of always getting so defensive."

Shayla rolled her eyes while Alice let out a sigh, "You're right," Alice spoke, "Sorry for calling you a hoe."

Shayla giggled, "Sorry for calling you trash and talking to Carter."

"Yay! My friends are friends again," Ravyn cheered, "So... What's been up?" Shayla and Ravyn looked at Alice.

"What?" she asked.

"Starts with C ends with J," Shayla wiggled her eyebrows which made Alice blush.

"We're friends. I should be asking what happened to you and Malik. CJ said you've been ignoring him."

"Ugh," Shayla groaned, "I think he had a crush on me but I'm not interested."

"Why?" Ravyn questioned.

"Because I have a girlfriend."

Alice choked on her tea which made Ravyn laugh. 

"Are we going to meet her?" Ravyn wiped away tears.

"We'll see," Shayla sipped her coffee.

The girls spent the rest of the day catching up like nothing happened. 

▼▲▼

thanks for reading!

don't forget to comment and vote ✨