X.

Thursday Night

Thursday Night

I walked out of the locker room while wiping the sweat that rolled down my face. Our first game of the season is tomorrow after school and Coach was working us hard. All I want to do is sleep but that's not happening. I still have homework to do so I don't end up on the bench.

As I headed towards the exit, a door flung open and almost killed me.

"I am so sorry," I looked up to see Demetrius peaking from behind the door, "Are... are you alright?" he came out of the classroom.

"I'm cool. Why are you here so late?" I asked. It's going on 10 o'clock and it's usually the team and the janitors around this time.

 "Uh..." he paused and looked at the floor, "I'm helping with the decorations for the pep rally."

I didn't think we had to keep helping with all that stuff after our detention sentence was over.

"Who's here helping?" 

"Joey and Malik," I watched as he played with his fingers, "and Shayla, Alice, and Ravyn--"

Ravyn is here? Suddenly I'm not tired.

"Do yall need any help?"

"Sure. You can help carry some stuff. You look pretty strong," he stared at my chest which poked out through my compression shirt then quickly looked away, "Uh... come on," Demetrius said while holding the door for me.

As I walked in the room, I could feel his eyes piercing into my body and honestly, I'm flattered. Girls always stare at me so I'm used to it but having a guy check me out just confirms how good looking I already know I am. 

Chase, my best friend, is gay but he's still in the closet because he thinks he'll be kicked off the team if he comes out. He's also worried that people will treat him differently. Anyway, Chase said I'm not his type which kind of hurt my feelings. He said I look decent but I'm too full of myself so he would never want to date me. I am nowhere near being full of myself. 

Is Demetrius even gay? Maybe I can hook him up with Chase. They'd be cute.

"Andre is here!" Shayla cheered then gave me a hug.

Everyone said hello then Alice put me to work. This girl had me and the guys lifting everything and my body was hurting. And on top of that, Ravyn ignored me the whole night. She was working hard though so it's probably not that deep.

Once the gym was complete with decorations, I said bye then headed to my car. Demetrius walked pass with a skateboard in hand and I stopped him.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked while stuffing my bag in the trunk.

"I'm fine," he spoke with his head hung low then kept walking.

"Wait," I lightly grabbed his arm to pull him back, "Let me drive you home. You know they out here killing black people," I tried to convince him.

He stood there for a minute, contemplating, then agreed and hopped in the passenger's seat. After giving me his address, he remained quiet and I smiled, realizing that he lives on the same street as me.

"Music?" I asked and he nodded.

The remainder of the ride was filled with the smooth southern drawl of Andre 3000's voice.

That's his favorite rapper

▼▲▼

It's three in the morning and here I am, sitting at my desk, staring at math problems. I'm either super tired or I really don't know how to do this stuff. But I know somebody who does.

Should I call her? It is really late. But I do need help and we didn't have our session today. Just do it you punk.

I took a deep breath then tapped her name. I stared into the camera, making sure I looked good as the phone rang.

No answer. Let's try this again.

"Andre have you lost your mind?" she yelled into the phone and I admired her sweet brown skin that absorbed the moonlight shining through her window, "It is three in the morning. You better be dying and if you are, why would you call me?"

"I'm going to die if I don't finish this homework," I spoke to the screen, "Please help me," I begged and she rolled her eyes.

"Give me a second," she sighed.

I didn't think that would actually work.

After turning on her bedroom light, I was shocked. She just woke up and looks incredible aside from her hair being matted to the side of her face.

▼▲▼

The sound of an alarm scared me out of my sleep. I sat up looking for the sound then realized my alarm doesn't even sound like that but the noise was coming from my phone. I looked at the screen and laughed at Ravyn who sat up with a piece of paper on her face.

"That's not funny," she snatched it off, "And you owe me for staying up with you."

"Do you drink coffee? I'll bring some to you at school," I suggested.

"An iced green tea and a glazed donut would be great, thanks," she said then hung up.

▼▲▼

i just want to thank Beyonce for making me regret going to this pwi. did yall see that black ass homecoming performance that woman did? i'm still healing.

anyway, thanks for reading!

dont forget to comment and vote ✨