What?/Jack

So my boyfriend Jack and I have been dating for a about 8 years and today was the day I was gonna propose. We had 3 kids
Oldest(boy)-17 Donavon
Middle(boy)-16 Dorian
Youngest(girl)-12 Divine
I planned this all out and I feel overwhelmed with pressure. Everyone stepped in to help except Jack because he didn't know. Wow I just can't believe this is happening. Everything was perfect. (Picture your dream wedding and I'm gonna add in a couple of things like benches and stuff) when we were done we took a break. It took at least 3 months planning and setting this up. We were all in the living room dressed fancy until we heard the door knob jiggle. So then everyone went into the back yard quickly. Then he comes to the backyard because nobody was anywhere and there we were just standing there.
J-What's got on
Y-Jack Robert Avery before I met you I was this freak who didn't know what to do with her life, who sat in the couch eating potato chips glued onto a screen. I couldn't convince myself that I was beautiful until one day during the summer I ran into this amazing, handsome, nice, sweet, outstanding, hard working, amazing singer boy. I knew I had feeling for you the moment I laid my eyes on you. Jack I never felt true happiness until I was with you, by your side, parter in crime, ride or die, whatever you want to call it.....
J-I need to say something
Y-Yeah...
J-We need to break up
Y-What??
Then I dashed out feeling so embarrassed on what I just did we have been together for 8 years and on the day I was gonna propose he shuts me down. What's going to happen now?? Everybody probably thinks I'm a fool, a coward, a scaredy cat for running away. I have no idea on what to do anymore.