0 5 - Paired

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting and encouraging me. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 5: Paired

"Lakshya." Lakshya hears his name and looks to the side, seeing Sanskaar walk towards him. "Where were you? The whole night you were missing. . ."

"Don't act like you don't know anything, Papa must've told you where I was and how he payed the police officers to put me under house arrest." Lakshya responds with irritation.

Sanskaar shakes his head and before he could speak, Lakshya interrupts. "Sir, I'm here. What do I need to do?"

Sanskaar composes himself and gets in the role of the boss. "Follow me." He softly says while walking forward.

Lakshya clenches his fists in frustration and follows Sanskaar. As Sanskaar heads towards his cabin, loads of staff members greet him.

Ragini, who was waiting near the cabin sees Sanskaar coming but was shocked to see Lakshya behind him. Sanskaar sees Ragini and curves a small smile.

"Welcome to Maheshwari Ltd Ms Ragini." Ragini curves a unwilling smile and looks at Lakshya, who sighs and rolls his eyes seeing Ragini, as if he had seen his father walking down. Ragini looks at Sanskaar who welcomes her and then turns, facing the staff.

"Attention everyone." Sanskaar shouts, gaining their attention. "This is Ms Ragini." Sanskaar introduces while pointing at Ragini. She nervously smiles at the staff while they simply stare at her. "And this is. . ." Sanskaar's tone changed, he points at Lakshya and adds "Mr Lakshya" in a slight cold tone. "They're new to our office and will be working with us but as interns." Sanskaar adds and the staff shake their heads positively.

The girls look at Lakshya and some of them find him attractive, they smile at him and he sees them smiling.

"Get back to work now!" Sanskaar orders and turns towards Ragini and Lakshya "You two would be working with me. In my department, so. . . Shall we start?"

Lakshya's eyebrows crease and he looks on. "With her?" He questions and Sanskaar gazes at him, arching his eyebrows confusingly.

"Why?" Lakshya looks at Ragini and she looks at him. "I. . ." Before Lakshya could complete, he is interrupted.

"Is there any problem?" Lakshya keeps his expressions serious and ignores the voice. "Nothing sir." Lakshya replies to Sanskaar while looking at him.

Sanskaar and Ragini look at Durga Prasad, who was approaching them with Ram Prasad.

"Can we start working?" Lakshya asks as he didn't want to stay there longer, he was eager to distance himself from his father as he knew he would end up arguing with him.

Ragini gazes at Lakshya in who she could see a glimpse of agitation.

"Sure." Sanskaar responds to Lakshya and then cocks his head towards Durga Prasad. "Bade-Papa, these are the interns who will be working with me, I'm just about to take them and introduce them to their work." Sanskaar adds and Durga Prasad shakes his head in understanding. Ragini glances at Durga Prasad and then at Sanskaar, hunting for the similar features which may be spotted due to them being related.

Alias, she couldn't perceive  anything other than the forehead, which seemed to have matched, her eyes travelled towards Durga Prasad's nose and then all of a sudden, Lakshya's nose was distinguished. She closely observes it and creases her forehead.