3 4 - Confusion or Confession?

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 34: Confusion or Confession?

"What are you saying Lakshya? How can we. . ."

"Please. Don't delay it because of me. I'll be fine. Trust me, just go ahead with this marriage tomorrow." He interrupted Adarsh while slowly saying what he wanted to say.

"No, we can't leave you like this. . ."

"Why?" He asked as he glanced at Durga Prasad. "L. . . Let's be honest, you would've done this marriage without me if I didn't show any in. . . Interest. So, why are you hesitating now?"

"You're hurt, so how can we celebrate! Are you even making sense?" Durga Prasad argued back, "and leaving you in this condition just isn't right."

"What about P. . . Parineeta's N. . . Naani? What if she passes away without seeing the marriage?" He asked and Annapurna was in thoughts.

"But still Lakshya, we can't go ahead with the wedding while you're in this condition."

"I'm fine. I survived so please go ahead with this marriage. Palak and Nick need to get married. . . I don't want me being the reason to ruin this day for you guys."

"Make sense Lakshya. We are not going ahead without you!" Adarsh exclaimed, shouting his final decision.

"But bhai. . . Are you really going to let you future wife's Naani pass away without having her last wish fulfilled?" Lakshya questioned, sounding serious and Adarsh glanced down, giving it a thought, not realising Lakshya had called him 'Bhai' after a very long time.

"You matter more to me Lak. . ." He stopped and glanced at Lakshya in surprise, finally focusing on his words. "D. . . Did you just call me Bhai?" He questioned instead, creasing his forehead while flapping his eyes at Lakshya.

Lakshya sighed, slowly feeling pain in his stomach. "Yeah, why? Are you not my brother?"

Adarsh was speechless and overwhelmed, starting to feel slightly emotional. He had never expected Lakshya to give him respect and call him his brother after their family tiff that had been building a wall between them for years. Annapurna smiled and Durga Prasad was glad, despite his plain expressions, he was pleased to hear Lakshya's response to Adarsh.

"Please Bhai. Get married, otherwise Nick and Palak won't get married. . . And Pari Bhabhi's Naani would pass away without having her last wish fulfilled."

Adarsh glanced at Annapurna and Durga Prasad, who were in thoughts. "But L. . ."

"I'll video call." Lakshya interrupted Annapurna. "So what if I'm not going to be there physically. . . I'll video call and see it."

"Okay." Durga Prasad agreed, surprising Annapurna. "We will go ahead with the wedding however the reception party would be held after you recover." He added and Lakshya shook his head positively.

"I'll stay here. . ."

"No, you need to be with the groom. How can the wedding go ahead without you?" He instantly replied and she flapped her eyes at him. "But. . ."

"Uday can stay with me, or someone else, but you and Mr Maheshwari need to be there for Bhai." He interrupted and Annapurna looked at him along with Durga Prasad.