3 8 - And The Story Ends.

The last chapter, yippie!

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 38 - And The Story Ends.

"Papa, move!" Durga Prasad opened his eyes instantly, exhaling a deep breath while glancing around. He finds himself laying on the hospital bed, with a canola in his wrist that is attached to the tube leading to the blood bag. He soon realised that he was injured really badly, which is why he had been hospitalised.

As he moved a tiny bit, he hissed him a slight pain feeling his back muscles ache.

"Mr Maheshwari, are you okay?" The nurse questioned while leaning forward, waiting for him to respond.

"Wh. . . What happened?" He managed to asked, not remembering clearly however his head was throbbing and feeling heavy.

"I'll go get the Doctor. . ." She informed and moved away, noting down something on the sheet while heading out.

x

As soon as the nurse stepped out, Annapurna walked towards her with teary eyes.

"Is he okay! Are we allowed to see him now?"

She felt uncomfortable while gazing at everyone stood outside in distress, having their eyes only on her and waiting for her to answer.

"He regained consciousness, you can meet him now but before you can, we would need the doctor to come and assess him quickly. Now please if you excuse me." She nicely spoke and Annapurna nodded, moving out of the way.

Hearing that Durga Prasad was awake, everyone sighed a relief and thanked god that he didn't develop any serious injuries. Annapurna wiped her tears along with Parvati, who closed her eyes while keeping her hands folded, muttering words under her breath.

Lakshya leaned back onto the wall, so glad to hear that Durga Prasad was fine. He wasn't sure why he felt at ease despite  the tiff between the two. He surly didn't want his father to leave without apologising to him and, without him knowing how apologetic he felt.

The nurse rushed back with the Doctor, discussing Durga Prasad's condition, and the two entered the room.

"How do you feel Mr Maheshwari?" The Doctor asked, moving closer to him and Durga Prasad looked at him.

x

The examination took a while while everyone outside the room were impatiently waiting and praying nothing to happen.

"He's fine now, don't need to worry, he'll get discharged today and you can meet him." The Doctor instantly uttered as soon as he stepped out, knowing that he was going to be bombarded with loads of question, thus saying the answers already.

Emotionally overwhelmed, everyone thanked the Doctor, who politely smiled at them and walked away with the nurse.

Annapurna, Adarsh, Parineeta, Sujata, Ram, Sanskaar and Uttara rushed inside as soon as they could.

"Why aren't you going?" Uday faced Lakshya, who shook his head. "It's. . . Awkward."

"It's not." Ragini uttered while stood next to him, "go." She softly muttered and he looked at her, unsure if he should go in or not.