2 3 - The Morning Call

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 23: The Morning Call

"Maa." His soft whisper left his mouth in aghast, as he continued looking at Parvati. Lakshya couldn't help but examine Durga Prasad's reaction. 'What's with him? Why does he look like he's seen a ghost?'

"Ragini, are you okay?" Parvati asked, caressing Ragini's face and Ragini shakes her head in response. "I'm okay Daadima."

Durga Prasad gapes at Ragini, amused on hearing 'Daadima' slip out of her mouth.

"Why are you here?" Swara's question interrupted Durga Prasad and his thoughts as he inhaled a breath, swallowing his spit to form normal expressions over his face.

"I, came to file a complaint."

"Why?" Parvati worriedly held Ragini's hand tight, glancing around to see Durga Prasad, Sanskaar and Lakshya. "Did they do something to you?"

Ragini exhaled a small breath and shook her head, rubbing Parvati's hand to console her "I'll tell you everything once we go home. Please don't fret."

"But. . ." Parvati's words were left incomplete after Swara decided to speak, "Okay. Let's go home."

Ragini nodded at Swara, showing she agreed to her statement and Parvati moved to stand besides Ragini, holding her hand.

"Come." Parvati was eager to know why Ragini was at the police station and wanted to waste no time, "let's go." She added, starting to drag Ragini with her in a fast speed. 

Swara followed out behind while Durga Prasad silently exhaled, watching Parvati's figure slowly fading away.

'Was it Ragini's grandmother that made him feel like that?' Lakshya wondered in his mind, continuing to observe Durga Prasad who was lost in his own thoughts.

"Bade-Papa, should we offer them a ride?"

Hearing no response after a few seconds, Sanskaar cleared his throat "Bade-Papa?"

"Yes. . What happened?" Durga Prasad replied as if he had missed out on something and Sanskaar narrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine. . ." Durga Prasad trailed off and glanced at the exit door, "should we leave now?"

"Sure." Thought satisfaction was far from hearing his response, Sanskaar wasn't sure if he should continue with his concern, allowing the thought to be brushed away before agreeing.

Durga Prasad led the way, followed by Sanskaar and slowly followed by Lakshya, who narrowed his eyes while thinking.

XX

After reaching their home, Parvati and Swara made Ragini sit on the couch and coddled around her as they pushed her towards the middle while holding her hands.