savior

amydunnn

first half is a group chat

tw: abuse

-

luke: i can't make it to band practice. you guys can go ahead and rehearse without me

ashton: are you serious?

luke: i'm sorry

michael: luke we've been at the studio for like half an hour waiting on you

calum: and this isn't the first time you've cancelled late

luke: i'm sorry guys. i need to go

ashton: wtf

michael: can't say we didn't expect it though

"what is up with him? this is really getting annoying." calum said as he sat back on the couch.

"i don't know." ashton said, and michael rolled his eyes.

"you all know he's with his boyfriend." michael said, and they all nodded.

"i'm gonna go call him and see where he's at. we need to talk about this." ashton said, and stood up, leaving michael and calum in the studio.

calum sighed, and looked over at michael.

"hey, do you think somethings going on? luke used to love band practice and hanging out with us, and i know he has a boyfriend now but we haven't seen him in like two weeks." calum said, and michael shrugged.

"i've thought that before. luke's boyfriend is kind of... i don't know... he's really stand off-ish..." michael said, and sighed. "...it's probably not anything. this is luke's first boyfriend. he's probably just excited and in that phase of wanting to hang out with him 24/7 you know?"

calum nodded, and glanced up as ashton walked back into the room.

"he's at his boyfriends apartment as expected. i don't want all of us to go and ambush him, so maybe just one of us should go talk to him and tell him that this needs to stop." ashton said softly.

"i'll go." michael said softly, and stood up.

"thanks mike. go easy on him, but make sure he knows we're really annoyed." calum said, and michael nodded.

-

michael walked up to the door that belonged to luke's boyfriend, caleb.

he heard two locks being twisted before the door opened, revealing luke's tired face.

"hey- luke? um- i just wanted to come see how you were doing. you've been cancelling a lot and i just wanted to make sure you were alright." michael said, his eyes skimming over luke's bruised face.

"i'm doing okay. just busy-"

"luke! who the hell is that?!" he heard luke's boyfriend yell.

"nobody." luke called back, and glanced up at michael.

"listen- i need to go. i'll call you guys later-"

"luke!" he yelled harsher and louder.

luke cowered down when his boyfriend appeared behind him, grabbing luke's wrist instead of his hand.

"michael.."

"caleb..."  michael said, and nodded. he's never been fond of luke's boyfriend mostly because he had a crush on luke himself, but now he knows that caleb is hurting luke.

"we're really busy, so-"

"luke's coming with me." michael said.

"no. luke's mine." caleb said, and michael glared at him.

"luke is not yours. he doesn't belong to anyone, and he sure as hell deserves better than you."

caleb yanked luke back by his wrist, and pushed him to the floor, stepping closer to michael.

"you need to go."

"i'm not leaving without him." michael said, not stepping back at all.

"he won't leave. he's too scared. isn't that right, baby?" caleb said, and luke just whimpered, backing up against the wall.

"you're proud of that, aren't you? you're proud that he's terrified of you?" michael asked, his fists clenching.

"yeah. if i hit him a couple times he'll do whatever i want." he smirked, and walked away from michael, leaving the door open as michael stood on the porch.

michael watched angrily as caleb yanked luke up by his shirt.

"you want michael to save you?" caleb asked, staring into luke's eyes. the blond boy weakly shook his head even though he wanted michael to help him so bad.

as soon as caleb's fist made contact with luke's jaw, michael ran over, tackling the abusive man to the ground.

he didn't stop hitting him until he was groaning, unwilling to fight back.

"luke, get in my car now!" michael yelled, and luke stood up, running out of the door.

michael hit him a few more times just because he deserved it before getting up, and running after luke.

he got into the drivers seat, and saw luke sobbing as he laid his head on the middle compartment.

michael placed a hand on luke's neck, softly shushing him as he drove away quickly.

"it's over, luke. you're safe with me, okay? i've got you." michael told him, and luke reached up, holding michael's hand as tight as he could in both of his.

luke's breathing became erratic, so michael pulled over. the road was empty, so he got out quickly, walking to luke's side.

he opened the door, and kneeled down.

"baby, come here..." michael whispered, and luke turned, siting up and facing michael who was kneeling on the ground. "...just breathe alright? you're gonna make yourself sick."

luke held onto his hand, and nodded.

"hey, you're absolutely beautiful, luke. please don't think you deserved any of that. you deserve to be treated like a princess. i'm gonna help you, okay? i'm not gonna let anyone hurt you again, alright? you're safe now. it's all over."

"i'm safe.." luke whispered, and michael wiped the tears off of his cheeks.

"nobody's gonna hurt you ever again."