my little baby

"hey, you're home.." luke said, and placed his hand on the counter beside where michael was seated, leaning down and kissing the older boy softly.

"hey, sweetheart." michael said, smiling a bit.

luke hopped up on the counter, dangling his feet over the edge as he smiled at michael sweetly.

"you're up to something.." michael said, looking at luke's dimpled smile as he gave puppy dog eyes.

"no. i just wanted to tell you something.." luke said quietly, and michael sighed, laying his head on luke's lap.

"lay it on me, baby. i can handle it." michael said, and luke played with the tips of michael's hair.

"i think i'm gonna get a tattoo."

michael sat up, and nodded slowly. "oh, okay..."

luke frowned a little, and looked at michael.

"what? you don't want me getting one?" luke asked softly.

"no- no you're okay. nevermind. that's great, luke." he said, but luke wasn't convinced.

he hopped off of the counter, and walked over to the fridge, looking inside for a second before pulling out a beer bottle.

"baby- what? you never drink." michael said, and luke furrowed his eyebrows.

"i do occasionally." luke said, and michael frowned.

"don't, sweetheart. let's just go- let's just go watch a disney movie or something." michael said, and luke sat the bottle down.

"michael gordon, i am legally allowed to drink if i want to." luke laughed, and michael groaned, putting his head down.

"hey, what's up with you?" luke asked, walking over to michael, and running a hand through michael's hair.

"i just feel like my little baby is growing up. he's getting a tattoo- he's drinking more regularly, and he totally didn't jump at the chance to watch a disney movie like he usually does." michael said, turning his head to the side.

luke pouted, and leaned down, kissing michael's cheek.

"hey, stop it. you're not my mom." luke laughed, and michael sat up.

"i know, but i'm afraid if you start getting tattoos and you start drinking, you're not gonna want to be my little cuddle bug anymore." michael said, and luke smiled brightly, leaning onto michael.

the older boy stood up, and picked luke up, holding him by his thighs as the younger boy wrapped his legs around michael's waist.

"i'll always be your baby, michael." luke said softly, his hands on michael's cheeks.

"promise?" michael asked, and luke held up his pinky. michael sat luke down on the counter, and held up his own pinky.

"i promise."

luke giggled as they locked their pinkies. they both kissed their thumb, and stamped it together like they always do to seal a pinky promise.

"i love you more than anything in the world, you know?" michael whispered, pressing his nose to luke's.

"i love you, too." luke said, and let out a giggle.

"how much?" michael asked, and luke spread his arms out as far as they could go.

"this much!" luke laughed, throwing his head back as michael picked him up, and spun him around.

luke held on to michael tightly, laughing as they came to a stop.

"my precious baby."