apologetic

for chelseagilmore0

luke smiled when he saw michael's car pulling into the driveway.

he was almost bursting with excitement as he heard the doorknob being twisted.

michael promised they would go get a little kitten today when he got home from work, and luke hasn't been able to sit still all day.

"michael!" luke squealed, and ran to the door, putting his shoes on quickly. "we need to hurry!"

michael sighed, and watched as luke tied his shoes.

"baby, not tonight, please." michael whispered.

luke looked up, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"we're getting a cat, remember? c'mon i'm so excited!" luke said, and stood up, putting his jacket on.

"i just got home from work." michael said quietly.

"i know! i've been waiting all day. you promised as soon as you got home we could go!" luke said, and held onto michael's arm.

"luke, i'm not going." michael said, and pulled his arm away.

"michael-"

"for gods sake, go by yourself!" michael snapped, and luke jumped.

"we were supposed to go together. michael, we were gonna pick one out together-"

"well things change. either go by yourself, or suck it up."

luke's lip quivered as he stood there shyly. big tears pooled in his baby blue eyes, and michael knew he had really messed up.

"why are you being so mean? you promised me..." luke whimpered, a tear falling from his eye. "...i'm sorry if you had a bad day at work, and we can go another day, but you don't have to be mean."

"luke-"

"just forget it."

michael watched as luke walked down the hall quickly, going into their bedroom.

michael hated himself for doing that to luke. he has been so happy all day, and michael managed to destroy that in less than two minutes. luke deserves to be happy, and he deserves everything he's ever wanted.

michael sat all of his stuff down, and walked in the direction that luke took off to.

"baby..." michael said softly as he opened the door.

he saw luke standing in the middle of the room with his face in his hands. he was shaking, and his breathing was very uneven.

"luke, i'm so sorry..." michael whispered, and stepped closer. "...c'mon baby let's go to the shelter, and-"

"michael, that's really not the issue anymore." luke said, and michael sighed.

"tell me- i mean, i did a lot wrong today, but tell me what's wrong." michael said softly, and luke turned around, hiding in michael's chest, allowing the older boy to hold him.

"you've never yelled at me before. i didn't like it." luke whimpered.

"baby, i'm so sorry. you didn't deserve that." michael whispered, rubbing the back of his head.

"no- i'm sorry for bothering-"

"stop it. you didn't do anything wrong. i should never let a bad day at work effect how i act towards you. you deserve so much more than that. i hate that i made you cry."

luke laid his head down on michael's shoulder, feeling better with every passing second.

"tomorrow we're gonna get you whatever kitten you want, but right now i just wanna make sure you're feeling alright, and i'm sorry for that, but-"

"michael, it's okay. can we just lay down?" luke asked and michael kissed the younger boy's head.

"of course. c'mon, baby,"

luke crawled into the bed, and michael laid down behind him, holding luke's back to his chest.

"hey, i love you more than anything." michael whispered, his hand playing with luke's curls.

"i love you, too. more than anything."