sleepy

little!luke

-

"i'm home, baby!"

"daddy!"

michael smiled when luke ran around the corner, jumping into his arms.

michael held luke up, and placed kisses all over his face, making luke giggle.

"calum said you called him, and asked him to take you to the playground." michael said, and luke smiled.

"cally took me to the park, but i didn't wanna play on the playground anymore. we played tag all day." luke said, and michael carried him to the living room.

"yeah. he said he's sure you'll sleep good tonight. are you tired?" michael asked, and luke shook his head.

"no!" luke squealed, biting on his sleeve.

michael already know luke was lying. he could tell by the way luke eyes looked right now.

"alright then. if you're not tired i guess that means you can come help daddy carry groceries in?" he asked, and luke nodded quickly, running to the door.

just before he could run out, michael popped him on the bum.

"you know better than to run outside without shoes on." michael said, and luke nodded, sitting on the floor, slipping on a pair of vans.

"good boy." michael said, and kissed luke's temple when he stood up.

luke ran outside, and opened the car door, his eyes wide wing at the amount of bags.

he grabbed two, one for each hand, and started walking back inside.

he repeated that process at least eight more times before he regretted saying he would help.

"last ones. they're heavy. are you sure you can take them?" michael asked, and luke shook his head.

"no. maybe you should." luke said, and started turning around.

"okay, then go check the mail." michael said, and luke's face fell as he looked down their very long driveway at the mailbox that seemed so far away.

he sighed, and walked all the way to the mailbox, groaning in frustration when nothing was in there. he started his walk back, and balled up his sweater paws, trying to rub the tiredness out of his eyes, but he was just so exhausted.

he walked into the door of the house, and saw michael in the kitchen.

"no mail. can i have one of those?" luke asked, looking at a twist-top koolaid bottle.

"after you clean your play room. you left so many toys out, baby."

luke's shoulders dropped, and he just looked at michael.

michael glanced over and saw luke just still standing there.

"you heard what i said, luke. you need to clean your-"

"no!" luke said, his hands in fists, and tears pooling in his eyes.

michael's eyes widened a bit, but he wasn't upset with luke. he knows how tired the younger boy is, and he was just messing with him at this point.

"and why not?" michael asked in a stern tone.

"because i'm sleepy!" luke sobbed, dropping to the ground. he laid on his back, and michael just let him throw his fit this time. "i've done so much today! i can't do anymore chores! i haven't even had a nap, and you're asking me to do so much! i just want koolaid and i want to snuggle! i don't wanna clean!"

michael walked over to luke, and picked him up off the floor.

"hey, shhh..." michael whispered, lukes head on his shoulder. "...daddy knows you're tired, but next time you need to tell him the truth, okay?"

luke nodded, and michael picked up a bottle of koolaid for him. he walked to the living room, and sat down with luke in his lap.

he held luke like a baby, the blond's legs extending over the couch while he was snuggled into michael's chest.

he twisted the top off of the bottle, and guided it to luke's mouth, letting luke close his eyes while michael held the bottle for him.

he leaned down and kissed lukes head.

"i love you, sweetheart."

michael removed the plastic bottle from luke's lips and placed it on the table. he held the younger boy's sleeping body, and wrapped a blanket around him.

"night night." luke mumbled, turning his body towards michael.

"yeah, we're gonna go night night." michael whispered, and picked luke up, carrying him towards their bedroom.

michael pulled back the blanket, and laid luke down, crawling in beside him.

he pressed a soft kiss to luke's forehead once before pulling him back into his chest, and holding the back of his head.

"goodnight, love."