ask me

michael glared at luke from across the bar. he was sitting with some other guy, giggling, light touches, and not enough space in between.

he knows luke's a little tipsy, but he still shouldn't be flirting like that.

luke's hand landed on the man's arm, but it didn't move this time. he kept it there, and ran his thumb back and forth over the fabric of his shirt.

"ashton- look at luke. what the hell is he doing?" michael asked, and ashton looked over in luke's direction.

"looks like he's having fun. give him a break, michael." ashton laughed.

"but- he's mine. we're literally dating." michael said, and ashton's eyes widened a little.

"shoot. i- maybe go talk to him. i don't know." he said, and michael could just feel himself getting angrier and angrier.

he stood up, and walked around the bar, finding luke.

"what the hell are you doing, luke?!" michael yelled, getting the attention of some strangers around them.

"i- michael, i'm just talking to h-"

"just talking to- you're all over him! what's your problem?!" michael asked, and luke looked around confused and nervous.

"i- just- i-"

"you just what, luke?!" michael asked, and luke's blue eyes filled up with tears. he was so embarrassed with everyone's eyes on him.

"why do you care? why are you doing this?" luke asked, wiping his eye.

"maybe because you're mine?!" michael asked, and luke looked up.

"no i'm not-"

"what the hell?! how are you gonna just act like we're together one minute and then come in here and find the first guy you see to-"

"you never asked me, michael. i'm not yours because you never asked me." luke said softly before pushing through the crowd, hiding his tears in the process.

people started turning away and continuing what they were doing as michael just stood there feeling stupid.

"listen man, i'm sorry." michael said to the stranger luke was previously talking to.

"don't apologize to me. it sounds like you need to go apologize to him."

michael nodded and followed in the direction luke went. he left the building, and saw luke sitting on a bench outside.

he stopped for a second and just watched as luke wiped his eyes again.

"luke, listen, i'm sorry..." michael whispered, sitting beside luke.

"every time i asked you what we are, you always say 'i don't know'. i know you don't mean anything by it, but it hurts really bad. i've been dying for you to just ask me to be yours." luke whispered.

"i just assumed we-"

"you just assumed we were together, and i just assumed you didn't really want me." luke said quietly, sniffling.

"that's what you thought?" michael asked, and luke nodded.

"what else could i think? you wouldn't make us official, you kept saying 'i don't know what we are', and i didn't want to ask you to be my boyfriend because i was so scared you would say no." luke told him.

"i mean, but we've been doing stuff as more than friends for a month now." michael said, and luke nodded.

"i know that, but i figured it was just because you were lonely or horny or something. i didn't think you actually wanted something with me. i was hoping you did, but it just didn't seem like it." luke said, and michael's heart broke when a new round of tears fell from luke's eyes.

"how long have you been feeling like this?" michael whispered.

"from the first time you kissed me."

michael just imagined all the heartbroken nights luke spent by himself just wishing michael was beside him, thinking he wasn't good enough while the older boy assumed everything between them was fine.

"baby, i'm sorry." michael whispered, and pulled luke into him, just letting him cry on his shoulder.

he held luke's shaking hand in his.

"i want you so bad, michael. it hurts." luke sobbed.

"i want you, luke. i want it all with you. i'm sorry i didn't communicate that very well. i'm so sorry, baby. i'm so sorry."

michael pressed his lips to luke's temple, and held him tight, not letting his body shake anymore.

"come on. let's get home." michael whispered, and stood up, walking over to the car they arrived in.

"back to the house, please," he told the driver before the both crawled in the back.

luke laid his head on michael's shoulder, and the older boy held onto him.

"i know i'm not doing this in a romantic way at all, but will you please be mine, luke? just mine? i don't want anything more." michael whispered, brushing a hand through luke's hair.

"of course i will, but when we get home i want you to make me yours." luke whispered, and michael looked down to see luke already looking up at him.

they both smiled a little bit, and michael pressed a kiss to luke's lips.

"all mine."

-

i'm writing a new book and i finished ten chapters in less than one day omg. i'll tell you when it's out haha