drives

"michael. i can't sleep."

michael looked over at luke who was laying beside him. the room was dark, and his face was barely lit up from the tv screen.

"why not, baby?" michael whispered.

"i don't know. i just can't." luke said quietly.

michael looked at him for a second as he thought. neither of them had to work the next day, and that gave michael an idea.

he stood up out of bed, and grabbed the sweatshirt of his that luke absolutely loved.

"where are you going, michael?" luke whined.

michael didn't answer but instead walked over to luke, and made him sit up.

he put the sweatshirt over luke's head, and pulled it down, making sure to the leave the hood up though.

he picked luke up, letting the younger boy lay on his shoulder.

"michael, what are we doing?" he asked as michael carried him to the kitchen.

michael picked up his keys, and walked through the living room with luke still on his hip, grabbing a blanket.

"we're going for a drive."

luke smiled a little, and pressed a kiss to michael's jaw as he was carried outside towards the car.

michael laid luke in the passenger seat, quickly going to his side once luke's door was shut.

"i like going for drives." luke said softly.

"i know. i also know that you always fall asleep in the car, so just lay down, baby. you can talk about anything you want."

"no. i wanna listen to you talk." luke whispered, and turned his body, leaning his side against the seat.

"okay. give me a topic." michael said, and luke smiled a bit.

"me."

michael looked over at luke and smiled as his adorable sleepy face as he wiped his eye with the sleeve of michael's big sweatshirt.

"i could talk about you for the rest of my life. what about you though?" michael asked, and luke shrugged.

"why do you love me?"

michael leaned back against the seat once they got onto some really calm, empty back roads.

"i love you because you're you. i know that sounds stupid but everything about you is just right. you're luke hemmings, and i love you for that. you're beautiful, and so funny, and you look so adorable when you're sleepy, and i just love everything. i even love the fights when you get so mad and give me the silent treatment, but break it about thirty minutes later because you miss all of the attention i give you-"

"shut up!" luke giggled.

"it's true! it's cute though, don't get me wrong. i love how caring you are, how genuine you are. i love your curls and your dimples most of all. also, you're not selfish at all, even though all you want to talk about at the moment is why i love you. you put other people before yourself when it's necessary, and i admire that so much. there's nobody in the world that i would have waking up next to me every morning. when i wake up and see you i can't help but think of how lucky i am. you're still so beautiful with your hair tangled up, and your face smushed against a pillow, and you're even pretty when you snore."

luke laid against the middle compartment, and michael reached down, running his hand softly over luke's hood covered head.

"i love how much you love me. even on my bad days, or when i'm mad, or if i get impatient. you always calm me down wether you know it or not. sometimes i wonder how i lived without you before, and it's like i can't remember, but i do know that i don't wanna go back there. you're my best friend and the love of my life at the same time. i could never ask for anything more. you're an. angel, luke hemmings. an absolute angel, and you deserved to be loved, and you deserve more than i could ever give you, but you picked me. sometimes i don't know why you picked me, but i know i'm gonna be so careful with you. and i'm gonna love you with i that i have. you should never have to doubt that-"

michael looked down and smiled when he heard a very soft snore come from luke's lips.

"oh, baby..." michael whispered, and started to drive back in he direction of their home. "...i love you."

-

hi everyone. this one shot was pre written, and i've been pretty busy and very sick all at the same time so writing isn't really my top priority right now. sorry for not getting a lot out

BUT

i have an entire book pre written, and i was thinking of publishing it??

concept of said book: michael and luke are friends with benefits and person x loves person y and so on. literally super basic and cliche concept but i love it.

thoughts ??