busy

luke sighed as he looked up at the ceiling in his room.

he wishes michael was beside him, but michael was busy again tonight.

luke didn't completely understand the whole 'boyfriend' thing yet because michael was his first, but he thought they would spend more time with each other.

luke rolled over on his bed, and pulled his phone over, clicking on michael's contact.

he put it on speaker, and tossed it down on the bed, listening to it ring.

"hey, baby. what's going on?"

"i want you to come over." luke said softly, and pouted even though michael couldn't see.

"luke, i'm kinda-"

"busy. i know." luke whispered, and michael sighed.

"don't do that."

"i just haven't seen you in like four days, and that might be normal for people in relationships, but i don't know. all i know is that i want to see you more than twice a week." luke whined, curling into his blanket.

"luke, you have to understand that-"

"i know. you've said it all before. you can't always pay attention to me. you say it all the time and i know that, but you don't pay attention to me at all." luke said softly.

"luke, stop. i'm not doing this over the phone-"

"we kind of have to considering you never want to actually see me."

"this is absolutely ridiculous." michael sighed, and luke frowned. he didn't want to make michael mad. he just wanted to see him.

"i-i'm sorry. i just get scared that sometimes you don't want me anymore, and i miss you. i didn't mean to make you mad, i just felt lonely. i know you're busy, but can i just come sit with you? you can keep working, and i'll be quiet i promise." luke whispered, and his words absolutely broke michael's heart.

"baby..." michael whispered once he heard luke sniffle. "...hey, how long have you been feeling like this?"

"a long time, and i don't know if this is how a relationship typically works or not, but i don't like it. i miss you too much."

"no- no it's not. i'm sorry, baby. i'm so sorry. i've neglected you, and i never meant to, but i'm sorry." michael whispered, standing up.

he started walking to the door, and he grabbed his keys, leaving his house.

michael started driving towards luke's apartment, needing to hold luke so bad.

"i just shouldn't have to wonder if you still like me or not. i'm sorry for putting all of this on you right now but it's just been building up for so long, and i don't know how to deal with it. i didn't want to tell you and seem really clingy, but it just hurts. i need you to want me back."

"hey, baby, calm down. it's okay. just breathe, alright?" michael said softly, as he pulled into the parking lot of luke's apartment complex.

"i'm just sorry, michael-"

"you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. you're hurting luke, and it's my fault..." michael said softly, getting out of his car, and walking up the steps. "...now come open the door for me."

"you're really here?" luke asked softly.

"of course i am."

luke hung up the phone, and ran to the door. when he opened it, he didn't see anyone, and that broke his heart a little more. he stepped out, and didn't see michael down the little hallway. he didn't even see him on the steps.

luke shook his head and wiped his eyes. he knows michael wouldn't lie to him about being at his house after something like this, but for a second it really felt like michael wasn't coming because that's what luke was used to.

"mikey..." luke whimpered at nobody. "...where are you?"

luke's face fell into his hands as he cried on his own doorstep. he couldn't help it. he didn't know how else to deal with what he was feeling.

"shit- baby, i'm sorry. i- i accidentally went to the wrong apartment, and- i'm so sorry. i should know where your apartment is right? i'm sorry." michael whispered, picking luke up, and hugging him after he ran around the corner.

he stepped inside and shut the door, walking over to the couch with luke. he sat down, letting luke sit on his lap, softly crying into his shoulder.

"i'm sorry i made you cry. i'm sorry i hurt you. i still want you just as much as i did when i first asked you to be mine. if anything, i want you more-"

"michael, if you want me, than you would come get me. you wouldn't leave me alone all the time. you don't want me at all." luke cried, finally looking at michael.

"no..." michael whispered even though what luke was saying made sense. "...i just- i always thought you were just gonna be there. i never even thought about you leaving me. i know it's wrong, but i guess- i don't know, luke-"

"that i was here whenever it was convenient for you." luke whispered.

"it was selfish, i know..." michael said softly, rubbing luke's back. "...but you have to know i never meant to hurt you like this."

"i know that. please don't let it go back to the way it was, please." luke whispered, his hand on michael's cheek.

"it won't." michael whispered, and luke sniffled.

"how do you know that though?"

michael cracked a little smile, and held luke like a baby, looking down at his beautiful face.

"because i'm dating luke hemmings for crying out loud, and i would be an idiot to mess that up again even though i was so stupid for messing it up in the first place. i'm gonna hold you all night just like you deserve, and i'm gonna make sure you know how beautiful you are every single day. i'm gonna show you off to everybody, and take you out all the time. on lazy days i'm gonna kiss you, and tell you exactly what you mean to me while i play with your hair because i know you love that. im gonna spoil you and i'm gonna do all of the things i should've been doing before. thank you for giving me another chance." michael whispered, making luke grin.

"there's that pretty smile." michael gushed before leaning down and kissing luke.

"i really needed to hear that." luke whispered, his forehead pressed to michael's.

"i promise i'll tell you everyday."

-

UPDATE:

i'm almost done with the 'keep me in mind' sequel so it should be out sometime very soon

also, 'fwb' sequel is about halfway done so expect that sometime this month

(((: