Heat

-Y'all. Listen. Now that I'm in college and I'm stupid, I end up emailing my professors a lot. What I hate is having to manually capitalize every sentence and pronoun while emailing them because I don't have have on my auto-capitalization (since I write on my phone) due to my angsty high school freshman "aesthetic" that included lowercase letters only. Yes, I agree that lowercase letters just look cuter but I gotta do what I gotta do.

So now my book is gonna be half capitalized and have lowercase only which is very unsettling but eh. I have little care anymore.

Anyways, proceed.

-

Michael smiled a little as he ran his hand through Luke's hair. The blond boy was just silently admiring what little he could see of Michael's face as they laid in the dark tent.

"I wish we were home." Luke whispered.

"I know you do, baby. I'm sorry. I didn't think we were that far from where we started hiking." Michael said, and Luke shook his head.

"I absolutely loved this little trip. I love camping with you, but it wasn't this cold last night." Luke laughed.

"I know. I knew it was supposed to be cold tonight but I figured we would be on our way home. I'm sorry it got too dark for us to keep walking. I was afraid we would end up getting lost, and you need to sleep."

"I can't sleep.." luke whispered. "...too cold."

"You want me to help?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. Really bad. I'm freezing."

Michael sat up, and turned on the little lantern, illuminating the area inside their tent.

Luke sat up, and the older boy held Luke's hands inside his sweater-covered ones.

"Poor baby." Michael laughed, leaning forward, and kissing Luke's head.

"Shut up.." Luke giggled.

"Alright, you've gotta trust me okay?" Michael said, and Luke nodded.

"Alright, take off your shirt-"

"Michael, stop. I'm cold and tired and I'm not playin-"

"Babe, listen to me. Just do it." Michael said, and Luke looked up at him for a second before doing what he was told.

Michael helped pull the shirt over Luke's head, and the younger boy immediately wrapped his arms around himself, trying to stop from feeling so cold.

Michael laid down, and Luke furrowed his eyebrows.

"Michael!" Luke whined.

"Come here, crazy." Michael laughed, and held up the bottom of his big sweater.

Luke grinned widely, and crawled under Michael's sweater, pushing his head through the hole at the top. He folded his arms against Michael's bare chest, and laid his head beside his boyfriend's.

Michael pulled the many layers of blankets up before wrapping his arms around Luke's cold body.

"Feel better?" Michael asked softly.

"Yeah. You're really warm." Luke giggled.

One of Michael's arms wrapped around Lukes head, keeping him snuggled in close. He ran his hands through the soft hair, and kissed Luke's forehead when he saw the younger boy close his eyes.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart." Michael whispered.

"I love you, Michael. A lot."

"I love you too, baby. So much."