wanted

"you know what i just realized..." luke said, and looked up. he was laying on michael's lap as they watched a movie.

"what?" michael asked softly.

"...i've never gotten flowers before." luke said, and looked back to the tv, seeing a pretty girl with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"is that right?" michael asked, just looking at the tv.

"yeah." luke said, turning around, facing michael.

"good because they're a waste of money. you can just go outside and get some if you want them that bad."

luke frowned a little bit, and looked up at michael.

"but i want the really pretty ones that you can put in a vase and- and even though they'll die soon, they still look pretty." luke said, and michael shook his head.

luke sighed, and looked up at michael who was still watching the tv.

"please?" he asked softly.

"how about you take my card and go buy yourself some flowers if that will make you happy." michael said, and luke furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't want to buy them for myself!" luke said, and nothing else was said after that. michael just watched the movie, and luke just laid there, looking at michael's shirt.

-

"hey, wake up. let's go on to bed." luke heard.

he opened his eyes, and saw the credits rolling on the screen.

"carry me?" luke asked softly.

"no, baby. come on." michael said, and stood up.

"i don't wanna." luke said softly, and cuddled further into the couch.

"alright."

luke frowned as he saw michael walking out of the living room. he sat up quickly, a pout on his face.

"mikey?" luke asked softly, and stood up, running to catch up to his boyfriend. he held michael's hand, and felt that michael wasn't holding his as tight as he usually did.

he walked into their shared bedroom, and tugged on michael's hand.

"you wanna go take a bath with me? we can get some wine, and-"

"luke, i'm really tired, alright?"

luke nodded, and walked with michael over to the bed.

"can we at least cuddle?" luke asked as michael laid down.

"you can do whatever you want, but i'm going to sleep." michael said, and luke laid down beside michael, getting as close as he could, but the older boy just wouldn't hold him.

"i love you, michael."

"love you."

-

"you've got work today?" michael asked the next morning as luke poured a cup of coffee.

"yeah.." luke said quietly.

"what's wrong?" michael asked, and luke just shook his head as he handed the coffee to michael. luke hates coffee but he still gets up every morning and makes it for michael.

"i just don't wanna go. i don't feel good." luke said softly.

"are you sick?" michael asked.

"no. i just don't want to." luke whispered.

michael frowned a bit, and watched as luke started getting his stuff ready to leave.

"baby, are you okay?" michael asked, and luke nodded even though michael could see right through it.

"i'm just tired of going to work where i'm not wanted or needed, and then i come home and do so much and i never get anything. i don't- i don't cook, and clean, and make you coffee every morning expecting anything back, but i wanna feel special too every once in a while." luke said, and little tears poked at his eyes.

"baby, is this about last night?" michael asked, and luke hid his face for a second before picking his stuff up.

"i need to go before i'm late. i'm sorry. i shouldn't have said anything. i'll see you later, michael. i love you."

michael watched as luke left quickly, getting into the car. he pulled out of the driveway and was gone before michael could even think of what to say.

-

luke pulled into the driveway, and turned the car off. he didn't get out very fast. he used to jump out of the car, and run to find michael, but now coming home just feels like a boring routine.

he walked up to the door lazily, and opened it, being met with nothing but the empty space.

"michael, i'm home. what do you want for dinner?!" luke yelled, hanging his jacket up.

"hey babe. i was thinking maybe fettuccine alfredo? maybe with that wine we both really like?" michael said, wrapping his arms around luke's waist.

"sounds amazing, but that takes so long to make, and i haven't been grocery shopping yet-"

"baby, i made it for you. you don't have to do anything." michael smiled, and luke sighed in relief.

"thank you, michael." luke said, and hugged him quickly.

"no problem, baby. come here..." michael said, and led luke to the dining room.

luke's eyes widened when he saw the dining room table covered with several bouquets of flowers.

"mikey..." luke said, little tears poking at his eyes.

"i didn't know which kind you liked, and you deserve so much, so i took them all.." michael said, and luke covered his hand with his mouth. "...and i can't wait to take the prettiest pictures of you with them."

"this is amazing.." luke said, wiping his eyes. "..but where's dinner."

luke giggled when he looked back to see a smirking michael.

michael took luke's hand and led them into a room at the very back of the house. there was usually only a bathtub and couple towel racks inside, but now there was a bottle of wine and two plates of pasta also.

"mikey! i'm so happy.." luke said, and wiped his eyes again.

"why are you crying, sweetheart?" michael laughed, holding luke tight.

"because i just had a bad day, and i- for some reason i thought you didn't want me anymore, but i just feel so special now. i'm happy." luke said, and michael kissed his head.

"i'm always gonna want you, baby. i'm really sorry for how i acted last night. you deserve to feel this special every day." michael said, still holding luke close.