powder

tw: mentions drug use

tbh this isn't super angsty but there will be more stuff because there were SO MANY REQUESTS FOR ANGST. YOU'RE ALL EMO

(me too though)

-

"babe, i'm home." michael called as he stepped into the door. he sat his stuff down, and looked around, waiting for luke to come running down the stairs.

michael furrowed his eyebrows, and started walking up the stairs.

he opened the door to their bedroom, and saw the bathroom door shut.

michael walked over and knocked softly.

"luke, baby? are you in there?" michael asked, and didn't get a response. he turned the knob, and slowly walked in, met with luke laying on the bathroom floor.

he looked around in complete shock before he felt the younger boy grab onto his leg, giggling like a mad man.

michael looked at the counter and saw the remains of coke left on the surface.

"baby." michael whispered, tears in his eyes as he picked luke up.

michael sat luke on the counter, and got a rag, wiping the blood from luke's nose. "baby boy, what did you do?"

"hi, michael.." he said, reaching forward, and pulling michael closer, wanting to kiss him.

"no, luke." michael said softly, and swiped what luke had left down the toilet.

"c'mon, i missed you." luke said, and planted his lips on michael's neck, causing the older boy to step back.

"luke, stop it." michael warned.

luke huffed, and stood up, stumbling into the other room as michael cleaned the counter off.

he wiped his teary eyes, and dried it up for a second as he went to find luke.

"luke!" michael called, and walked down the stairs, finding luke laying on the couch.

"i'm so sleepy, you know? i think i wanna nap." luke said, curling into the pillow.

luke's fatigue told michael that luke had been high for a while. the younger boy used to get extremely tired afterwards.

"let me hold you." michael said softly.

luke smiled stupidly, and despite michael's broken heart, he walked over, and held luke to his chest tight.

luke passed out on michael's shoulder, and the older boy pulled out his phone, looking at it for the first time in a couple hours since work was so busy.

his heart sunk when he saw 6 missed calls and 47 missed texts from luke.

he couldn't be mad. luke tried to reach out for help. michael just ran his hand through lukes hair as he started to read some of the messages

l: hey can you come home? just for a second. i'm not feeling good at all

l: it's just been a really bad day. i've had them before, but you've been here, and i hate to admit it, but i'm not ready to do it alone yet

l: if you can't leave work, it's fine. just maybe give me a call?

l: i'm sorry for texting you so much, but i really need to talk to you

l: babe

l: i could come to you if that's easier for you? i'll just sit in your office and be quiet

- missed call

- missed call

- missed call

l: michael please

l: pleasr judt call me

l: i'm sp sad

l: i dpnt wanna do it agaim

l: i'm sonsorry

l: i love you i'm sorrt

michael sat his phone down, and held luke tight, letting his tears fall onto lukes shirt.

he should've been there. he knows it's not his fault, but he wishes he could've been there to help luke.

"you're gonna get through this. you're so strong."

-

luke sat up, and looked around. his eyes were fuzzy, and his head was hurting.

"michael..." he called out.

he felt his lip tremble as he looked around the empty living room.

he let his head fall into his hands as tears fell down his face. he didn't think he would ever get this low again.

"hey, baby. i'm right here. shhh..." michael said, quickly walking from the kitchen, and sitting on the couch beside luke.

"d-did you come home last night?" luke asked.

"yeah, baby." michael said, holding luke's head to his shoulder. he ran his hand through lukes curly hair, making him feel safe.

"please don't be mad at me. i'm so sorry, michael." luke sobbed, holding onto michael's arm tightly.

"hey, i'm not mad at you. i would never be mad at you for this." michael whispered.

"you used to get mad all the time when i-"

"no, luke. that was different. i was mad because you cared more about drugs than anything else, and it caused problems. i would never be mad at you this time. you needed someone."

"i just wanted to stop being so sad." luke cried.

"i know, baby. i know." michael whispered.

"i thought i was gonna be able to do it. michael, i was three months clean." luke said quietly.

"i know, and i am so proud of you for that. so incredibly proud."

"but-"

"but nothing. everyone falls down, but i know you're gonna be okay. i am still so proud of you, luke." michael whispered, shutting his eyes tightly so he didn't cry too.

"thank you, michael." luke sobbed.

"shhh. just calm down, baby. it's gonna be alright. everything's gonna be okay. i love you."

"i love you."

michael held luke's shaking body as tight as he could until luke ran out of tears to cry, and energy to stay awake as his mind was racing.

it was only 2 p.m. but michael brought a blanket over luke, and laid with him all day.

"you're so strong, baby."