mad

tw: mentions abuse

-

luke thought for a second as he looked around the living room.

he was still trying to get used to living in michael's apartment. he knew where everything was, but trying to get in the routine of waking up somewhere new, and remembering where he put his things was a little difficult at first.

luke wasn't used to change.

he walked into the room that michael used as his office, just wanting to get more familiar with the part of the apartment that he wasn't used to seeing.

luke gasped as his foot got caught on a cord, causing him to fall. he looked up when he heard something else hit the ground.

michael's computer monitor fell with him, the whole top corner splitting.

"no no no no no no no..." luke said quietly, holding it in his hands, trying to get the corner to somehow magically go back together.

"luke? is everything okay?" michael asked, appearing in the doorway.

"i- i tripped on your computer cord, but i can't fix it, it's okay." luke said quickly, still trying to push it back together.

"well, quit before you mess it up more..." michael said, and took it from luke's hands, placing it on the desk. "...why are you even in here?"

"i- i just wanted to- i don't know. i'm so sorry." luke whispered, tears brimming his eyes.

michael ran his hands over his face and sighed.

luke knows he's in trouble. he can just tell.

"it's fine. i can replace it. you're okay though right?" michael asked quietly, and luke furrowed his eyebrows.

"you're not gonna hit me?" luke whispered, and michael's face turned down.

"why the hell would you think that i would hit you?!" michael asked, and he realized the tone he used was inappropriate for the confusing situation when luke got up and walked out of the room quickly, apologizing like 6 times on the way.

michael followed him after a couple seconds and found him in the bedroom, curled up, and sobbing into his pillow.

"m-michael i'm sorry for asking that- i didn't think before- i don't know-"

"you've gotta talk to me, alright? tell me what's going on." michael whispered, laying down behind luke, and pushing his hair behind his ear.

"i was scared you were gonna get mad at me for breaking your computer, and- when my ex boyfriend got mad he would hit me. i know you would never, but it's what i'm used to. it just surprised me a little when you asked if i was okay." luke whispered, and wiped his eyes.

"oh, baby..." michael whispered, holding luke close. "...i'm never gonna hurt you."

luke turned around quickly in michael's arms, and buried his head in the older boy's chest.

"nobody's ever gonna hurt you. especially not me. you're safe with me, baby. don't be scared. don't ever be scared." michael said, and luke sniffled.

michael's hand gently petted luke's hair down, helping him to get a little calmer.

luke started to feel safer in michael's arms than he ever has before.

"michael?" luke whispered, his voice raspy from crying.

"yeah?"

"i know you're gonna say i shouldn't apologize, i am sorry for breaking your computer and then freaking out, i-"

"stop that. it's okay, luke. you're alright." michael told him, and luke lightly smiled, his cheek squished against michael's chest.

"can i- will you take a nap with me?" luke whispered, and michael smiled a little, pulling the blankets up.

"hey, look at me..." michael said, and luke looked up, his blue eyes catching michael's green ones. "...don't ever be scared of me, okay? i'm here to protect you. i'll never lay my hands on you like that, alright?"

"okay." luke whispered, leaning up to kiss michael's lips quickly.

"now go to sleep. i've got you."