tranquility

michael entered the room quietly, lightly smiling when he saw luke sitting at the computer.

"hey sweetheart? you've been studying for hours. how's it going?" michael asked, and luke rolled about a foot away from the desk, his hands falling to his sides in defeat.

"it's impossible." luke whispered.

michael shut the door, and walked over to luke, pushing his hair off of his forehead gently.

"no it's not. i'm sure you've got it, baby." michael said, and luke shook his head.

"michael, what if i fail? i paid so much for this class, and i just don't wanna mess it all up." luke croaked, and michael shook his head, holding luke's head to his stomach for a second. he comfortingly ran his hand over luke's cheek a couple times, trying his best to calm luke down.

"you are not going to fail. baby, don't talk like that. you have a b in the class, and you have studied so hard for your test. you are going to do just fine." michael whispered, letting luke sit back up.

he walked behind luke, and grabbed a hair tie from off of the desk.

"i don't feel good." luke whispered, and michael knew exactly what that meant. luke meant he was feeling very anxious whenever he says he doesn't feel good.

"i know, baby..." michael said quietly, and pulled luke's hair back out of his face, tying it back for him. "...why don't i go make you some tea, and we can just relax for a little bit, okay?"

luke nodded softly, and michael rubbed luke's shoulders for a second before leaning down and pressing a kiss to luke's head.

"alright. c'mon, baby." michael said, and held luke's hand, leading him out of the bedroom.

they walked to the kitchen together, and michael picked luke up, setting him on the counter.

luke sat in silence as michael put a teabag in the hot water.

michael sat the cup down, and walked over to luke, standing between his legs.

"i don't want tea anymore..." luke mumbled. "...i'm sorry."

"you are okay. just let me hold you, alright?"

luke nodded, and michael picked him up again, walking to the living room. he laid down on the couch, and luke laid against his chest, letting michael run his hand through the blonde hair.

michael pulled a blanket down over them, letting it cover the back of luke's head.

"you make me feel better all the time." luke whispered.

"just go to sleep, sweetheart. i've got you, okay?"

luke nodded, and closed his eyes as michael comfortingly rubbed his back. he felt safe with michael.

"you are so smart, baby. you are gonna do amazing on your test tomorrow. i don't doubt that for a second, but you deserve to relax. you need to. just be still for a while."

"i love you, michael."

"i love you too."

luke drifted to sleep on michael's chest, and the older boy didn't loosen his grip he had for even one second.