golden baby

all the stuff i said about coming back sooner was a big ole yeet.

but here's something for you

-

luke looked over at michael, and pursed his lips. his feet were resting in the older boy's lap who was just looking at the tv they had on the tour bus.

"hey mikey?" luke asked softly.

"yes, sweetheart?" michael asked, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"what do you think about eyeshadow- i mean- like on me? do you think i could do it?" he asked shyly.

"luke hemmings, i think your pretty red nails gave toxic masculinity the middle finger a long time ago, so of course i think you can." michael said, and luke shrugged.

"no i mean- do you think it would look good?" he asked, and michael grabbed luke's ankles, pulling him closer quickly until luke was on his lap.

"literally anything you do is gonna look so good, baby." michael said quietly, pressing a kiss to luke's jaw.

"i'm not gonna. i mean- i don't even know how to do makeup. and we don't exactly have a makeup person on this tour. i just- i was just wondering."

"what color-"

"gold. with sparkles." he said quickly, and michael smiled at him. he had obviously been thinking about it for a while.

"you would look so beautiful."

-

"hey, baby, come here." michael called, and luke shook his head, snuggling into the couch.

"no. i'm sleepy." luke called, and michael walked out of the small bathroom, smiling when he saw his adorable boyfriend laying on the couch face down.

"i have a surprise for you." michael said, and pulled luke up.

luke sat up on the couch while michael pulled his long blond curls back into a bun for him.

"what is it?"

"you'll just have to come and see." michael told him.

"carry me." luke mumbled, holding his arms up.

"sometimes you forget you're taller than me." michael said, but picked luke up anyways, carrying into the bathroom.

he sat luke down on the little counter, and shut the door.

he pulled over a little plastic case and a brush.

"mikey. thank you..." luke said softly as he held the golden, sparkly eyeshadow in his hands. "...but i don't know how to do eyeshadow-"

"i know. that's why i've been watching tutorials for the last 2 hours." michael said, and luke smiled, looking up at him.

"you're lying." luke said quietly.

"i am not. now close your eyes." michael said, opening up the little case.

luke grinned, and closed his eyes. he giggled a little but tried to stay still as michael applied the makeup to his eyelids.

"you look so beautiful." michael said, and luke opened his eyes, smiling at michael.

"really?" luke whispered.

michael helped luke off of the counter. he spun him around so luke faced the mirror as michael held him tight.

"look at you. your pretty blue eyes." michael whispered, pressing kisses down luke's neck.

"if i had known eyeshadow turned you on i would've started wearing it a long time ago." luke giggled, leaning his head to the side.

"the eyeshadow doesn't turn me on. you do. your confidence turns me on, baby. so much." michael whispered.

"yeah?" luke whispered, and michael gripped his waist, kissing his neck harder.

"yeah..." michael whispered, turning luke around, diving back into his neck, his hot breath ghosting over luke's skin. "...every night that you put that damn glitter on your cheeks, and every night you wear those pants that make your legs look so long, and every night when you pick at your nail polish on stage i just fall more and more in love with you."

luke smiled, holding michael's face in his hands.

"i love you so much, michael clifford."

"i promise, it's not near as much as i love you, beautiful."

-

i made a promise to fall in love with myself before i ever get into a relationship with another guy. guess that's my "resolution" but i don't want to call it that because those usually end, and i've been trying to do this for a couple months.

i made that decision after i found myself going to great lengths to make a boy i thought i loved extremely happy when he would barely even talk to me even when i needed him. i would help him through mental situations and breakups, but when i needed him, he would send me blank snapchats and make me feel more alone than i had ever been. the person who claimed to be there for me no matter what, wouldn't even talk to me when i was hurting so bad.

i made the decision to stop trying to make boys happy in place of making myself happy. ironically, i met a boy soon after who is the sweetest, most adorable, and genuinely kind. i let myself fall a little bit and go along with the flirting and develop some feelings, but i have to be selfish in all of the best ways and "end" it tomorrow so wish me luck.

he's so nice that he will probably still talk to me and understand, and i hope that's how it goes. besides, if he claims to like me as much as he does, he would want me to find happiness within myself, right?

if not, he ain't the one.

do any of you guys have any resolutions this year?

either ones that will fail in february, or ones you want to keep forever?