work it out

michael stepped into the house, and wiped his eyes. he sat all of his bags down from his weekend trip with some old friends, and prepared for the worst.

he dried up his last tears, and walked to find luke. he shouldn't be crying. he didn't deserve it.

"luke? baby, can i talk to you?" michael asked, and luke turned around quickly on the couch, and looked at michael who was standing in the doorway of the living room.

"hey, what are you doing home? i thought you were supposed to be back tomorrow." luke said, and michael nodded, walking over to luke.

"i was, but i came home early. i didn't wanna be there anymore. and i have to tell you something." michael said quietly as he sat down, and held luke tightly against him.

"i don't deserve to be holding you right now but please just let me for a few more minutes. i promise you don't even have to look at me after that." michael whispered shakily, and luke looked up at him.

"michael, you're scaring me. what are you talking about?" luke asked, sitting on his lap, and looking into his teary eyes.

"i just- i want you to hear this from me before you see it on twitter or something because i know it's on there." michael said, and luke bit his nail nervously as he just looked down at michael.

"just tell me michael." luke whispered, his own eyes filling up with scared tears.

"we went to a club, and i got drunk. i don't remember doing anything at all that night. someone got a video of me making out with some girl and-"

michael stopped when he heard luke whimper. he looked up quickly, and saw the younger boy with red eyes, and a hand over his mouth trying to stay quiet.

"baby, nothing happened after that, i promise. dave said they got me and took me back to the house after that because they knew i didn't know what i was doing. i'm so sorry, baby. i just- i didn't want you to see the video before you heard it from me. i'm so sorry."

luke laid on michael's shoulder despite how hurt he was, and just cried.

michael held him tight, and tried not to cry himself. he had no right to cry after he did this to luke. he couldn't help it though. seeing luke in so much pain broke his heart.

"luke, i'm so sorry. there's no excuse for any of this. i- i hate myself for doing this to you. i'm so in love with you, luke. i didn't- i didn't mean- i'm just so sorry."

"michael, i- i feel like i can't get upset because you were drunk and didn't know what you were doing, but-"

"no, baby. get mad. yell at me, tell me how stupid i am. cry it out."

"it just hurts." luke cried, his lip trembling.

michael placed his hands on luke's face, and caught all the tears that fell with his thumbs.

luke pulled over his phone, and michael sighed as he saw luke's time line already filled with videos and pictures of the girl.

"that's her?" luke asked, and michael shrugged.

"yeah i guess so. i don't remember anything." michael whispered, and luke frowned.

"she's so pretty-"

"hey, stop that. that's not what this is about. i don't care what she looks like. i don't even remember unless i look at that. princess, look at me..." michael whispered, and luke looked up. "...you are the prettiest thing in the world. i don't want anybody else except for you. obviously, my actions didn't show that, but you're all i want, and i'm trying my best not to cry right now because you shouldn't feel bad for me at all, but i'm so scared i'm gonna lose you."

"i just- this hurts really bad, michael, and now it's gonna be shoved in my face every time i look at my phone or i leave the house. it's gonna be in magazines, on gossip channels, and- this isn't just gonna go away. i know she means nothing to you, but this hurts so bad."

michael held luke and just let him cry. michael buried his nose in lukes shoulder, and snuggled closer, wanting to be as near as he could.

"i know it's really selfish to say this, but please don't leave me. i'm so sorry. i'll never drink again- i'll never leave the house again. please just stay." michael whispered.

"i'm not going anywhere, michael. you mean too much to me to end things over something you don't even remember happening, but that doesn't mean it's okay, and if it ever happens again, we won't be having this same conversation. i do deserve more than that, but i don't deserve more than you. i still love you, i won't ever stop, but this can't happen again-"

"it'll never happen again. i promise. never." michael said, and felt so much relief wash over him.

"i love you. we're gonna work this out." luke whispered, and michael nodded.

"thank you, luke. i love you more than anything."