Chapter 3:Blurred lines

"I'm so glad you're finally out Damion!"

Candy exclaimed still embracing her brother's warm hug.

"I didn't know you were getting out today, Candy  said once they ended the hug.

"Yea they let me out for good behavior instead of ten years I only had to do two years." Damion explained.

He looked at her.

"Why are you here?"he questioned.

"You remember Alex?" she asked.

He thought about it.

"Kinda.."

"Well he's crazy and after we broke up he went and shot up Juicy's killing four people cops think I'm the main source."

Before Damion could respond a guard walked up to him.

"Montana your ride is here he told him.

"Ok," he said.
Then he gave Candy one more big hug.

"See you later," he told Candy.

"Ok see you later, she told him not wanting to let go.

He walked out the door Candy stood and looked out the window as she seen him get into a car and watched it pull off.

"Are you Carla? She turned around

Standing behind her was the investigator.

"Yes that's me,"she answered.

"I need you to follow me so I can talk to you more about the Alex case."

Moments later Candy was in a dimmed room sitting at a long brown table sitting across the investigator.

He clasped his hands together and leaned forward looking directly at Candy.

"Are you willing to testify against Alex?" he asked her.

She took a sip of coffee from a small cup.

"Yes I am but what happens if I do.. Will he go to prison?"

"If you testify I ensure you he will get at least twenty years." The investigator informed her.

"I'm all for it his crazy ass needs to be locked up anyway," she said.

Candy told the investigator everything she knew about Alex from him selling drugs to his unstable mental issues.

After she was done and the investigator was finished taking notes he looked up at her.

"Do you want to speak to Alex?"

"For what.."she said.

"Closure from what you told me it seems you two were really close."

Candy shook her head.

"I'm not interested in talking to him."

"Are you sure,"the investigator asked.

Candy stood up about to walk out right as she was about to leave the room she turned around.

"Tell him I said don't drop the soap," she said.

Then walked out of the room.
While walking down the hallway back to the waiting area  Tristan came up to her.

"There you are, Candy, I've been looking for you".

"Yea I was just talking to the investigator," she said.

After Tristan dropped Candy off back at her place she quickly went inside changed into a white tank top and pink sleep shorts.