Chapter 40:His Diary..well journal

Candy
I woke up as the sunlight was shining in my eyes.

I sat up my hair was in a ponytail and a white tank top. I looked over and the other side of the bed was empty since Tristan had to go into work today and I didn't have to go into Juicy's until later
Sometimes I wish our schedules weren't so opposite.

Looking at my clock it was 2:30 pm.

"Time goes by so fast," I said out loud.

I decided to get up walked to the kitchen and pulled out a pot of leftover spaghetti from last night reheated it on the stove and fixed myself a bowl.
I walked back into the bedroom and sat on Tristan's said of the bed and turned on Netflix. While sitting on the bed I noticed his side was higher than my side.

Must be time to flip the mattress over.
I got up and sat my food to the side and lifted up the mattress.
I noticed a black and white notebook
"What is this?" I said.

I picked it up it had no name on the cover. I opened it the first few pages were just drawings like stick figures and random doodles.
Then I came across a page with writing which I could tell it was Tristan's. I started flipping through the book and realized he's been writing since 2012.
I happened to stop at one entry that caught my eye.

March 21, 2014,
Dear Journal,
I Finally did it, after a year of dating and finishing the police Academy I decided that I'm ready to Marry the love of my life. Laura, she's so perfect in my eyes even though my family can't stand her for some reason. But I don't care I'm going to marry her in love her.
The look on her face when she said yes to my proposal I knew I was doing the right thing. She is the one for me and I hope...

"What are you doing?" I heard.

Tristan's voice as I haven't even realized he came home still in his uniform as I was standing holding his journal.

"I was flipping over the mattress it was lumpy on your side." I said.

His eyes were looking at his journal like it was a man I was caught cheating on him with.

"Why do you have that?" he asked.

"You keep a diary?" I said teasing him.

He walked up to me and quickly snatched it from my hands.

"It's not a diary, It's a journal he said. holding it close to him like it's a child.

"I just found it and I was just looking through it." I told him.

"Well it's not for you to look through." he said
"Why not?" I asked.

"Because It's personal stuff." he said flatly.

"You can tell me,I said trying to be reassuring.

He shook his head.

"I like to write out my personal thoughts."

Why was he being so defensive about it what was he hiding?

He started to walk off with his journal.
"Where are you going?"I asked.

"I'm changing the hiding place." he said as he walked out of the room.

(Later at Juicys)
"Give me another shot." I said to Sierra as she poured me some more tequila.

"Damn Girl why you drinking so much you're only an hour into your shift." she said surprised.
I took the shot to the head.

"Tristan and his secret journal." I told her.
"Secret Journal!?" she said over the loud blaring music.

I told her about everything that happened earlier today.

"What should I do? I asked her
She looked at me.

"Well have you asked him if you could read it?"
I rolled my eyes.

"Yea caption obvious he hid it so I can't read it."

"Just wait until he goes to sleep and then sneak and read it."she said.

I honestly thought of that but I didn't want to cause drama but I wanted to know what was really going on in his head. What he really thought of me and after seeing what he wrote about Laura I wanted to know more.

Maybe I should just sneak and read it then things can go back to normal.

After I got off and Tristan was driving home.

"What do you think about me?" I had my black sunglasses on with long blonde hair in a high ponytail and red lipstick.
I tried my best to cry but if I did I didn't want him to see it.
He kept driving until he parked in a Walmart parking lot.

Maybe it was because I was drunk but I was kind of scared at the time.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
He turned the radio down and looked at me.
"Carla I love you and only want to be with you."

Then he told me that the page I read about Laura was from two years ago and that things are different now.

"Ok, why can't I read it then."

He shook his head.
"Because I write my most personal thoughts and secrets in it, why do you think I'm so calm." He explained.

"I tell you all my secrets and thoughts."

"It's not about that can you just respect my space."

He had a serious tone and I started feeling kind of bad.

"Baby I'm sorry I just want to feel like you trust me and tell me anything."

I gave him puppy dog eyes.

He looked at me and bit his lip.
"Why are you so fucking sexy." he said.

Before you know it we ended up in bed naked with him on top of me stroking me really good. He started kissing me.

"You know I Love baby he said in between kisses.

"Yes was the only thing I could moan
He started going faster I wrapped my legs around him for dear life.

What do you guys think of Candy's and Tristan's relationship?